Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
Mtrav
Mtrav began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
epub to pdf: icon in itunes wrong size

Hi guys,

New to this forum. I've been using calibre to convert epub files to PDF which I then import to itunes. My problem is that the converted PDF file, when imported into itunes, has the wrong aspect ratio: the icon (and the resulting ebook when read in ibook) has a landscape page format instead of portrait.

As you can see from the screenshot of my itunes, on the first row, the third book icon from the left is what I mean by the landscape format. The icon and the resulting ibook is stretched horizontally. When I click the "preserve the aspect ratio of cover" box under "pdf output", I get the second icon from the left, first row, which comes out in portrait page format but shortened vertically.

Before you ask "why not import the file as epub into itunes?" - I need to separate fiction and non-fiction in my itunes for better organization (I have thousands of books). I'm importing all non-fiction as PDF...

TIA for any help. What am I doing wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Screenshot.doc (653.5 KB, 450 views)
Mtrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't why the PDF cover is coming out wrong, but I do know that you can upload an image as an attachment without sticking it in a word document.

Advantage: People can see your problem directly, rather than being required to use a computer and open the DOC in a word processor...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
Mtrav
Mtrav began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini

You are absolutely right. Newbie mistake. Hope this image comes out.... grrr...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot image.gif
Views:	441
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	140904  
Mtrav is offline   Reply With Quote