Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-02-2023, 06:13 PM   #1
Zaz
Zaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Question Translator is displayed instead of Author

Hello

I got my first Kobo after 10 years with Amazon and the Kindle. I'm using Calibre 6.11.

I transferred it with Calibre to the device. Only in my ereader it shows me the translator as the author instead of the writer. I have no problems with other translated books.

I searched to edit Metadata in Calibre but I didn't found the translator field. And especially why in my Kobo it is the translator and not the writer who is noted.

Thank you !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2023-02-03 001136.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	199412  
Zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not manage translators separately from authors. Most likely the file in question has a separate translator defined without a correct role and the kobo is picking it up as an author. You can use the edit book tool, then open the OPF file inside the ebook and delete the trnaslator from there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2023, 06:24 PM   #3
Zaz
Zaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hello kovidgoyal, I did it and it perfectly worked ! Thank you very much !
Zaz is offline   Reply With Quote