Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
bettyruthe
Enthusiast
bettyruthe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre Editor metadata page

I'm just curious why on the metadata page, which is placed on the second page of an ebook when converting, there is an extra Tags line in a white shadow. When editing the code, it's <span class="calibre3">Tagsttt </span>. Why does Calibre do that? I go in manually and delete that, but I'm sure there must be some way to keep it from adding that...?
bettyruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's to allow for searching for individual tags via the Kindle book search. So if you want to find all books with the tag "something" you search for "somethingttt"

Otherwise you will get all books that contain the word something, not jus the tag something.

If you change your output profile to something non-Kindle then you will not get that line inserted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
bettyruthe
Enthusiast
bettyruthe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you very much for the reply. I knew it had to be there for some reason. I'm a real novice at code and such, but I'm trying to learn. I can do simply, basic changes, and I LOVE the editor!
bettyruthe is offline   Reply With Quote