Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #46
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgm View Post

BTW: Anyone know how to refresh Nickel to realise new file arrived?

I hope it is help for others.

Best Regards,
Robert
Hi!

You can use the "simulate usb connection" fmon script from KSM (just replace the ksmmessages with echos) to realise new files. I can further explain if you still have your Kobo.

You may also be interested in the upcoming hungarian translation for Kobo by me. It's almost finished.
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:26 PM   #47
pasquale8120
pasquale8120 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo gloHD
I am using the python that is part of the tools release.
Was it built using hardware float?
the math.cos and sin and tan seem to run awfully slow.
pasquale8120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Whee, replying way too late, but, yes, that's built with a hardfp toolchain.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-25-2017 at 06:37 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New release, massive bump of everything bundled.

Of notable interest, and Kobo-specific:

(Some) stuff won't crash anymore on FW >= 4.6, and FBGrab won't fork an extra process to ID the device for cropping workarounds.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:53 AM   #50
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
New release, massive bump of everything bundled.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #51
Memiks
Memiks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Thanks for you're usefull tool.

I will try it to obtain ssh without KSM.
Memiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!

New release, refreshed binaries (move to Linaro 2018.05). Bundles & symlinks FBInk.

FBGrab now works on the Clara.

Also, USBNet may actually work on Mark 7 devices now, who knows.
The Python setup script is now less stupid, and will check if it actually needs to run first.
Both use FBInk to provide feedback.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 AM   #53
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
This is a very useful toolkit, but I was wondering if you would be willing to entertain the idea of an uninstaller for this.

Sometimes I may want to uninstall the tools, and revert to "stock" Kobo state, but it seems the only way to do so are either a tedious, error prone procedure of finding and deleting all files, or performing a factory reset.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #54
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Good idea, especially since it's basically a couple folders and a few symlinks .

EDIT: Done in >= r15550 .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:55 AM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And because I was procrastinating earlier this afternoon, the Python build now bundles Python bindings for FBInk ;p.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Speaking of Python... Python 3.7 is now in .

c.f. the original announcement.

Over here, in Koboland, since I don't actually have anything that hard-depends on Python 2, I'll eventually stop installing it by default. I'll still be building it, so that tarball will be available somewhere, it just won't be bundled with everything else.

But, for now, both Python versions are bundled and installed. Which means the space requirements have been raised.
I've also updated the doc on that subject, and made more explicit that, as a result, the "install" process will take a fair bit of time on slow devices/slow storage (I'm looking at you, anything with an internal SD card instead of any kind of soldered memory chip).

The python-setup.sh script (that generates bytecode) has also been slightly revamped. And also slightly documented, to mention that it will also take its sweet, sweet time on crappy storage (again, many tiny files, handle them!).

Anyway:

On a Kobo H2O:
Code:
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jul 10 2019, 10:19:04) 
[GCC 7.4.1 20181213] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import platform
>>> platform.uname()
uname_result(system='Linux', node='(none)', release='2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+', version='#3032 PREEMPT Mon Jan 9 13:37:40 CST 2017', machine='armv7l', processor='')
>>>

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 AM   #57
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Python 3.7 gave me problems with some libraries. Furthermore it does not introduce anything stratospheric from 3.6... Use it with caution
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #58
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Lucas Malor: care to elaborate?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #59
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I had some problems with mssql package, for example. It simply does not work with Python 3.7.

And as you can read, there's no much really new or interesting, apart improvements to asyncio and the fact that Logger is pickable now. But this is for asynchronous and multiprocessing programming, so I don't think it will interest the majority of the people here.

Yes, there are many speed improvements, but face the facts: we don't choose Python because is fast. Python is slow as a stubborn mule.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, then it's fairly irrelevant here, since I'm shipping with a fixed set of extensions, and (currently) without pip .

The fact that Python itself actually cross-compiles fairly sanely on its own was a big plus in my book, and some of those fixes might be from the 3.7 branch.

(Mind you, cross-compiling extensions with C modules is still terrible, though).

Tags
ssh, telnet, tools