Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 05:16 AM   #1111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The first image says it is an N905C. I would expect it to say "Model: N905C" somewhere near there as well. And I have sent the PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:33 AM   #1112
umb
umb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara HD
thank you davidfor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The first image says it is an N905C. I would expect it to say "Model: N905C" somewhere near there as well. And I have sent the PM.
Thank you very much!! My old Touch is still is alive again, perfectly working!

Sorry for my inizial mistake on the model: it was a 905C not a B.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:46 AM   #1113
umb
umb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara HD
Lightbulb KOBO: it's possible to create a sd carde image without opening it?

hi,
I just suffered a black out of my kobo which was solved thanks to the kind sending of the image of the sd card and its restoration.

Question: I have a couple of friends with Kobo Aura and Touch and I would like, for future restorations, to create an image sd card WITHOUT opening the kobo.

Trying to connect the kobo to the pc (win 10) with usb cable it seems to me to create the image (using sw Rufus) only of the fat32 partition and not of the ext1 one as the device is accessed. So that's not good ...

What am I doing wrong?
Is it necessary to open the kobo and remove the sd card to make an image?

Thanks for the attention.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #1114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can look at Magic Memory Upgrade Mod. That has a way to do it, but, I don't know if it works with recent firmware. And the device needs to have an external SD card.

For the original Aura, it probably isn't useful. That does not have a removable internal SD card. I do not know of a way to restore an image to it if the device won't start.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #1115
haider00
haider00 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please send me N905B img file thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2021, 07:03 PM   #1116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@haider00: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #1117
haider00

Sir PM enabled please send N905b img file thanks.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:31 AM   #1118
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:32 AM   #1119
haider00

@davidfor thanks for the image file david can you please share the steps to brn image file on kobo n905b because i formated the sd card then use win32 image to burn image it makes 2 partition after that i place sd card in reader but nothing happens just blue and green blinks at top slider.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:58 AM   #1120
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The instructions I usually point to are, Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.

But, you don't need to format the card first. The image writing does that. And there should be three partitions. Something to try is a manual factory reset. See https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...our-Kobo-Touch for instructions. This will frequently solve problems after using the images.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #1121
dmilanov
dmilanov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hello. Can you please send me a link to an image for N905B
Old 02-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #1122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #1123
c0ss3tt3
c0ss3tt3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Hi, I'm in search of an image file for a Kobo Touch N905B. I'd like to revive it rather than throwing it away and buying new.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #1124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #1125
Caito
Caito began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hey there!
I'm looking for a Touch image as well, for N905C.
Thanks!
Closed Thread