Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This reminds me of the time I was sitting on my bed and kept thinking to myself I need to work on my Kindle Fire 6 today. So finally I got up and went to the shelf I keep it and it was gone. So I ramsack the room looking for it and there is no trace of the little tablet. I gave up and in frustration I plopped down on my bed and let out a big sigh. Something bumps my knee. I look down and there is the Kindle Fire 6 on my bed.

I must have unconsciously got up and got it from the shelf. I have absolutely no memory of doing so. That had never happened to me before.
I once misplaced my iPad. I looked where I thought I had left it. Then I looked all around the room. Nothing. Turns out when I put it away, I put it in the wrong place.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #47
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Once when I was a kid I was looking for my copy of "Hound of the Baskerville's" and I looked all over for it in a box I'd seen it in on the front porch. Nothing. I went back there sometime later to search for something else and there was the book that I hadn't been able to find. Don't know what happened. Maybe the sock fairies borrowed it, didn't like the story, and brought it back.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Don't know what happened. Maybe the sock fairies borrowed it, didn't like the story, and brought it back.
This
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #49
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Isn't it weird how the last place you look is always where you find it?
Wouldn't it be weirder to find it and continue looking?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Wouldn't it be weirder to find it and continue looking?
I'm just trying to figure out how to reverse the order... Hmmm ... Since (whatever) is always found in last place you look, just figure out where the last place is and then make it the first place you look! ... Done! (Patent Pending)

(If Apple can patent "rectangles with rounded corners" I should be able to patent this idea, right?)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 AM   #51
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
we lost a KIndle for weeks - even had amazon disable it after confirming they cannot tell me when & where it was last online- i really though it had been left away form home somewhere
turned out it had slipped off of a dressing table & fallen down the back
then had to phone amazon & convince them to un-disable it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:00 AM   #52
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, I can't remember when I last "lost" my reader... My tablets, yes, but my current e-ink device? It's either in my hand (I tend to not let go of it...), in my bag, or on my desk (to charge).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, has anyone bought the bluetooth tags for their oft lost devices?
Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I lost my iPad back in 2016, and never found it again. It had no password, so someone could have used it to buy stuff (I even had a $70 credit). But no one ever did.

My current working theory is that I left it on top of the car and then it fell off while I was driving and got smashed. But I honestly don't know what happened to it. (I was a little distracted that day; I had just come back from a trip and learned my dog was in ICU.)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #55
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I never loose my reader. It is always in my hand or right next to me. I even carry it from room to room, in my house. I never know when I might get a few seconds to read.
That being said, I will probably now lose it. If this happens, I am blaming Mobilread.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I never loose my reader. It is always in my hand or right next to me. I even carry it from room to room, in my house. I never know when I might get a few seconds to read.
That being said, I will probably now lose it. If this happens, I am blaming Mobilread.
Apache
You have yourself to blame as you could attach a bluetooth tag to it and be able to find it with your smartphone.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #57
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So, has anyone bought the bluetooth tags for their oft lost devices?
Not me! I like "goin' commando"! The joy I felt in finding my lost, for a week, PW2 was about as good as finding a $20 bill in an old coat pocket! If it was EASY to find, it wouldn't be as much fun to find!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #58
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Reminds me of staying in my godmother's holiday cottage in Wales in the early 70s. At the time, she had a caravan toilet in an outhouse which needed the bucket emptying at the end of your stay. You kept gumboots by the door to pay visits (and to wear when cooking in rainy weather as there was a stream running through the kitchen)...
Same boots? Same stream???!?!?!? Please tell me no. No matter what the answer really is.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
Same boots? Same stream???!?!?!? Please tell me no. No matter what the answer really is.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #60
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Once when I was a kid I was looking for my copy of "Hound of the Baskerville's" and I looked all over for it in a box I'd seen it in on the front porch. Nothing. I went back there sometime later to search for something else and there was the book that I hadn't been able to find. Don't know what happened. Maybe the sock fairies borrowed it, didn't like the story, and brought it back.
I'd be blaming one of my brothers (if we were all still living at our parents). This is definitely something they would have done to me! Since there were four of them, I could never be sure who the perpetrator was unless I caught them in the act.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote