Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Original files

Is there a way to keep the metadata seperate in .opf files and not modify the original file as I noticed the checksums changes each time which is what I want to avoid for certain reasons.

Disabling "Update Metadata in saved copies" and also disable modification in the ebook viewer is also disabled. But when I for example give the book a series it modifies the original file even though I want it only to touch .opf, is there any way to do what I want?

EDIT: Seems disabling store current bookmark in the viewer did the trick.

Last edited by Elaxon; 02-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
Disabling "Update Metadata in saved copies"
AFAIK, you should be safe with reenabling this. It only touches external copies made by things like 'Send to Device' and 'Save to Disk'.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
AFAIK, you should be safe with reenabling this. It only touches external copies made by things like 'Send to Device' and 'Save to Disk'.
I wound not enable it. It changes things on a save which is not always a good idea. I am not at home. But what the OP wants to do can be done. It works that way with my Calibre libraries.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
So far what I have disabled to make sure it does not alter my books are under Miscellanous Options > Remember the current page when quitting and Keep a copy of bookmarks/current page inside the e-book file.

Also under edit book I disabled
Integration with calibre > Update metadata embedded in the book when opening.
I do not use save to disk so I have not touched that.

Is there anything else I need to modify to make sure it does not alter my books? @JSWolf I be awaiting eagerly if there is something I forgot that needs to be disabled.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
So far what I have disabled to make sure it does not alter my books are under Miscellanous Options > Remember the current page when quitting and Keep a copy of bookmarks/current page inside the e-book file.

Also under edit book I disabled
Integration with calibre > Update metadata embedded in the book when opening.
I do not use save to disk so I have not touched that.

Is there anything else I need to modify to make sure it does not alter my books? @JSWolf I be awaiting eagerly if there is something I forgot that needs to be disabled.
Change the eBook viewer's options to not save the reading location inside the eBook file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert