Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #61
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
We’ve had a big snowstorm in the northeast and I have a longish driveway. There’s a lovely man who occasionally will plow it as he’s going by, but I also can call him as necessary when he charges me well below the going rate. Given the forecast, I decided to get in a preemptive request to him yesterday. Midday, I heard someone doing the driveway, but by the time I got outside with cash in hand, he’d gone.

I just called Cliff to ask how he’d like to be paid, only to be met with confusion. He’d not got here yet. So it seems I have a second plow angel as yet anonymous, as Cliff was originally. Thank you, gentlemen plowmen both.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #62
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you AAA - after 2 nights of unexpected hard freezes I went out to start my car .... and found a dead battery. Service tech was in my driveway in 15 minutes and confirmed my diagnosis. New 6 year battery with warranty - on Easter Sunday no less, at no extra holiday charge. That's service!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:09 PM   #63
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ordered a toner cartridge for my printer about 11 am yesterday. At 8 am today I got a message from the Post office to tell me it's waiting to be picked up.

Not bad considering it's two days before Christmas.

Thank you Toner City and Australia Post.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:02 AM   #64
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Ordered a toner cartridge for my printer about 11 am yesterday. At 8 am today I got a message from the Post office to tell me it's waiting to be picked up.

Not bad considering it's two days before Christmas.

Thank you Toner City and Australia Post.
In this time of product shortages and delivery issues, that is indeed impressive!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:13 PM   #65
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The sale of our house is moving right along, the appraisal was good, their financing is all in order. We move out of here 1-3-22, the buyers hope to close on 1-19-22. We have one high payment, then will recast the loan with the large down payment.

We've moved a ton to the new place already, hopefully come Monday only the furniture and a few very large boxes will remain for the moving company to handle.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 11:01 PM   #66
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindness of Strangers -- again.

This morning I went to my local shopping strip to get some groceries… this was about 11:00am which was about 3 hours later than planned. Predictably, I bought more than intended so I ended up with two full shopping bags.

It's around 30°C (85°F) so walking home was a bit of a slog (I walk with a stick), requiring frequent stops to sit on shaded garden walls. The taxpayer funded seats are invariably located in full sun.

About half way home a car pull ups, a lady gets out and insists on giving me a lift. Before I can politely decline (as one does) she's picked up my shopping and stashed it on the back seat. Then when we get to my place she jumps out and carries my shopping to the door.

She would have been about 60, her name was Hanna (one who gives), from her mode of dress I'm pretty sure she is Lebanese.
Old 12-25-2022, 11:07 PM   #67
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
I'm grateful that my city has many stores within 25 minutes of each other, to wit, Best Buy, Whole Foods, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes, Macys, Target, Walmart, Safeway, and Sams Club. As an old fogey, I like the choice and the prices that so many stores offer. My public library, or Amazon (mail order), are the main sources of books.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 11:19 PM   #68
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
BetterRed, that was one forceful do-gooder!

I'm grateful that my neighborhood did not lose power in the extra cold weather over the weekend.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 10:13 PM   #69
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

On Monday I had three vaccinations, annual flu, covid-5, and shingrix-1.

I'm almost ashamed to admit - no side-effects, by Wednesday I couldn't even feel a slight bruise on either arm.

BR
Old 04-05-2024, 03:43 PM   #70
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I am thankful the flipping snowstorm in April is over.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:30 PM   #71
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
That's practically begging for another snow storm.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:12 AM   #72
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
It is. I am giving Fate a certain finger, just daring it
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote