Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
JeanOlivier
JeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD motherboard (or broken device with functioning motherboard)

This is my first post here but I'm a long time lurker with a Kobo Glo HD.

However, it bricked recently, it seems like the Ricoh Power Management Unit is faulty from what I've read here. It just died when I plugged it in my phone charger an it's now completely unresponsive and the PMU chip gets extremely hot when charging.

So I'm looking for a replacement motherboard, or a device with a broken screen or that's otherwise unusable, but with a working motherboard. I can fix the common broken usb port, so if this is the only issue of your motherboard, I might still be interested.

Thank you very much in advance!
JeanOlivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
JeanOlivier
JeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of lightJeanOlivier is a glorious beacon of light

I ended up buying a Kobo-refurbished Glo HD on ebay (they are selling a few there at a very reasonable price) and swapping the on-board sd-card for the one from my old one and everything is good.

I'd still like a motherboard to try and save my old unit if someone eventually has one to sell.
JeanOlivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
sv2000
sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.sv2000 for a long time would go to bed early.

Hi,

I have a Glo HD with a cracked screen, and could sell you the motherboard if you're still looking. USD15 including shipping within the US (willing to ship outside the US as well, need to check on the shipping though).
sv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:48 AM   #4
Adyanth
Adyanth began at the beginning.

Anyone still have that motherboard? Same problem here :/
Adyanth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo hd, kobo, motherboard, repair