Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
KFX conversion, transfer back to library issue.

Hi, I hope I have the corrent forum.

I have been successfully converting my epubs to KFX using the plugin. The issue is that once said file is side-loaded onto my Kindle, I can't transfer it back into (another or original) Calibre.

Is there a way to enable Calibre to import its own KFX files?

thanks.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
calibre does not currently support importing KFX format. The easiest way to accomplish this is to copy the book from the original calibre library to the one where you want it using calibre's "Copy to library" function.

As an alternative you can use the "Add books" function and manually select the "documents" folder on your Kindle and set the file type to "All files" instead of "Books". But doing it this way will not import any of the book metadata.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Thanks. The metadata is no problem I only have 8 books in this format.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx