Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #31
tastyeng
tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to name
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If a Mac OS expert can reverse engineer the Kindle Previewer and come up with the exact command line and environment variables needed to run the conversion function then I will add it to the plugin.
I'm no expert, but this is sufficient for producing a KDF on my system. CDing to the right folder simplifies the invocation. No environment variables need presetting.

Code:
cd /Applications/Kindle\ Previewer\ 3.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/fc/

./jre/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -cp lib/EpubToKFXConverter-1.0.jar:lib/* com.amazon.kfxconverter.app.KFXGenApp -libDir . -tmpDir ~/Desktop/kdftest -outDir ~/Desktop/kdftest -inputFile ~/Desktop/test.epub -locale en -amzncreator "Kindle Previewer 3.1.0"
I have it to saving to my desktop for my own convenience.
tastyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #32
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyeng View Post
I'm no expert, but this is sufficient for producing a KDF on my system. ...
Thanks. That is equivalent to what I am already doing. Something seems to be going wrong when invoking it via python in calibre.

Perhaps if I launch a shell and run the command that way it might work better. I will try that in a future release.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2016, 11:09 PM   #33
Alice Green
Alice Green began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage, kindle paperwhite
I have converted EPUB files to KFX successfully and transferred it to my kindle paperwhite 2, thanks.

Last edited by Alice Green; 03-30-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Alice Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:12 AM   #34
sondermann
sondermann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I noticed that I cannot highlight text in converted kfx books nor does the device (Paperwhite 2) display page numbers, only location numbers.
Anyway, thank you for your efforts.
sondermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #35
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondermann View Post
I noticed that I cannot highlight text in converted kfx books nor does the device (Paperwhite 2) display page numbers, only location numbers.
The missing page numbers are caused by the Kindle Previewer ignoring page numbers in the source EPUB. I tried it with EPUBs containing either an NCX pagelist or a page-map.xml and in both cases no page number information is produced by the Previewer. There is nothing I can do to fix this.

I can verify that attempting to highlight text in a sideloaded KFX does not work on my Paperwhite either. Internally the app crashes with "cvm[4145]: java.lang.NullPointerException: match". This is most likely due to something wrong in the KFX file produced by the plugin. I will try to fix it, but since KFX is undocumented it is a trial and error process.
Advert
Old 04-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #36
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.1.2 - 08 Apr 2016

Fix inability to highlight text in converted books on Kindle devices.

Assure author names are in the correct format for sorting.

(This release also contains another attempt to make the plugin work from within calibre under Mac OS. It would be helpful if a Mac user would try it again with this book and report back.)

Now working on Mac OS. No need for further reports.

Last edited by jhowell; 04-11-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #37
PingedBug92
PingedBug92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you, the plugin works very well for now. You're the best!!
PingedBug92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:30 AM   #38
Oldgeeza
Oldgeeza began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PaperWhite, Ipad, Iphone
output

Converted fine on my Macbook great thanks
Oldgeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:26 AM   #39
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the feedback.

I will wait a little and if no one reports a problem using the latest release under Mac OS within calibre I will update the documentation to remove the notes about the plugin not working properly with that OS.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #40
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
It also worked with the test book on my Mac. Thank you!
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #41
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Test book converted successfully on my Mac as well. Congrats on the nifty plug-in, jhowell!!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:38 AM   #42
tastyeng
tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tastyeng ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to name
1.1.2 works great on my Mac too ��
tastyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:13 AM   #43
amordechai
amordechai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
It works on my mac. Congratulations and thank you!!
amordechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #44
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks to all who tested. No need for further reports unless something needs fixing.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #45
Mobby
Mobby began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
Epub to KFX -conversion failed-

I tried to convert a big Epub-book (science fiction series Perry Rhodan, 124 mb) into the KFX-format and got the following error. System is a Core i7 with 16 gigs of ram and more than 60 gigs of space left on the HD.
I would like to cnovert it for my new Kindle Oasis.

Any idea, what I can do? I installed the lates previewer 3.1 beta today from Amazon.

Error-message:
calibre, version 2.56.0
FEHLER: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Kindle Previewer error:</b> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Error(YJEpubAdapter):E00601: Converting File: C:\TEMP\calibre_tgrepq\eob9cn\ofx2kz1tmpwk1bhga9jw \results\conv_tmp\iy2e1n.epub; Internal error occured. (0)</p>

Thanks in advance.
Raimund
Mobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine