Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #61
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
FYI I just updated my Magia 6 system and checked this out. The bug fix has not made it into the Mageia repos yet. Without the XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP workaround sigill still crashes.

To add to my confusion, I am unable to find any package for kiconthemes in the (installed) repos at all. This is also the case on my Mint 18 system. I am not sure what I am looking at. Maybe the library is installed in a different package.

Anyway, the workaround works so not a big deal.

Update: I found kiconthemes in the repos, but it was not installed. So how all of this KDE stuff hangs together is a mystery to me. The latest kiconthemes in the Mageia repos is 5.42. I installed it, and sigil still crashes without the workaround. I am not sure what I am stepping in.

Update update: I finally found lib64kf5iconthemes5-5.42.0-1.mga6 installed. I guess that is it. Now I have both that and kiconthemes-5.42.0-1.mga6 installed. Two packages with the same library in them? Very strange stuff.

Banjo
(_)=='=~

Last edited by Banjo; 11-18-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm no KDE expert at all, but I would imagine that KIconThemes would be a part of the KDE/Plasma Desktop, but I could be wrong. It sounds like your system isn't using a recent enough version of KDE/Plasma 5 to pick up the fix. It's hard to say how long it takes things like this to trickle down throughout all the various distros. Some are always more conservative than others in this regard.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #63
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
Mageia tends to move more toward stability and less toward leading edge, so it does not surprise me that they are behind on some of the upgrades.

From what I can discern, my Mint 18 system is still on kiconthemes 5.36, so that makes the Mageia system look pretty progressive.

Anyway, sigil is working fine here with the workaround, so I am posting this just in case some Mageia or Mint users land here looking for a solution to the crash. They might be running into it for quite some time.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #64
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
PCLOS is a rolling distro so that could account for the fix (kiconthemes ver 5.52.0) to be in its repo already. Having used Mint before, I think that may take a while yet.

I also saw lib64kf5iconthemes5-5.52.0-devel kde5 but I didn't install it as I don't know if it's needed besides with kiconthemes kde5 5.52.0 installed and Sigil allowing reordering quite okay, I'm contented.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drag and drop, reorder chapters, sigil crashes