Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #31
hrm
hrm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Sage, & Forma, Kindle Oasis & Paperwhite SE
Woohoo! My problem was fixed. Kobo help tried a ton of possibilities over several days, and finally decided it must be my wifi with the issue. So, I contacted Eero support, and their first response fixed the problem:

Quote:
My next guess would be that you having both the eero router and a Netgear router connected to one another may be the culprit. To test this, you can go to Network Settings in the eero app, go to DHCP & NAT and set the eeros to Bridge mode.
hrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #32
enkt1973
enkt1973 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
In my case, I had to clean all the cookies from Kobo. After that everything is ok.

(Linux + Firefox)
enkt1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #33
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
And... this morning it's back. I have no clue as to what's happening.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:35 PM   #34
hrm
hrm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Sage, & Forma, Kindle Oasis & Paperwhite SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
And... this morning it's back. I have no clue as to what's happening.
Mine, too. I give up and am going back to my Kindle Oasis and Amazon. This is just too frustrating. I hope an 8” Oasis comes out soon.
hrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #35
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrm View Post
Mine, too. I give up and am going back to my Kindle Oasis and Amazon. This is just too frustrating. I hope an 8” Oasis comes out soon.
Check your ISP DNS in your WiFi-router setup.

You might get future problems with much more sites than kobo.com.

Suggestion is to use optiontal DNS like for example:

1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare)
8.8.8.8 (Google)
9.9.9.9 (Quad9)
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #36
cycojesus
Enthusiast
cycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I just had the same problem. Bought a Sage and couldn't set it up as no device on my home wifi network can access kobo.com . I can ping it and traceroute it without problem but trying to open it in a browser results in
Code:
The connection has timed out

An error occurred during a connection to www.kobo.com. PR_IO_TIMEOUT_ERROR

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox Developer Edition is permitted to access the Web.
Even in lynx on a remote server (on a different network, in an OVH datacenter) doesn't open it.

But, my phone on 4G accesses it normally! That saved me as I could use it as an access point to setup the Sage...

That's all very very strange
cycojesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrm View Post
Woohoo! My problem was fixed. Kobo help tried a ton of possibilities over several days, and finally decided it must be my wifi with the issue. So, I contacted Eero support, and their first response fixed the problem:

Quote:
My next guess would be that you having both the eero router and a Netgear router connected to one another may be the culprit. To test this, you can go to Network Settings in the eero app, go to DHCP & NAT and set the eeros to Bridge mode.
The joys of double NAT.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #38
cycojesus
Enthusiast
cycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

EDIT: I think it started yesterday evening. I was checking books on kobo.com the day before, maybe even the morning, but when I went to look up a book in the evening it was dead.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #39
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Could be a DDOS attack from the ISP you use against kobo.com or other sites.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudfla...r-ddos-attack/
Old 11-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #40
martinot
Swedish Kobo User

Could be a DDOS attack from the ISP you use against kobo.com or other sites.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudfla...r-ddos-attack/
Old 11-25-2021, 08:42 PM   #41
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Every time I see a thread/post about Kobo website trouble I have to go give it a shot. So far it is 100%. I can go do device pages and ebook pages with no problems on either. I'm sorry for those having so much trouble and thankful it isn't hitting here.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #42
cycojesus
Enthusiast

Still not working for me in France, either from home (Free ISP) or OVH datacenter.
Works on my work's VPN.
Works on ProtonVPN.

Noticed that it's not (at all) ready for ipv6 ( https://ipv6-test.com/validate.php )

EDIT: end of story, pi-hole or something didn't like some change somewhere on local network. Frankly I can't pinpoint a cause but at least I found working state from which to search.

Last edited by cycojesus; 11-27-2021 at 07:04 AM. Reason: solved?