Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-25-2021, 04:32 PM   #30346
Karellen
Zealot
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just finished the 4 books in the Blade Runner series.

Wow, they are terrible.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:03 PM   #30347
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Just finished the 4 books in the Blade Runner series.

Wow, they are terrible.

Why were they so bad?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:47 AM   #30348
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finished the horror novella, Nana, by Mark Towse.

An excellent writer, but I didn't care that much for the story.

Now back to Horn, by D. Keith Mano.

BUT, I am also one-half way through Franziska, by the great literary writer Ernst Weiss. This is my second read. As one can no doubt surmise, I love his work, along with the writing of Stefan Zweig.

By the way, the film Grand Budapest Hotel [you simply MUST watch this film!] was inspired by Stefan Zweig.

Here's the link for more information on Stefan Zweig:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...budapest-hotel

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-26-2021 at 07:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #30349
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Magical Maze by Ian Stewart. A book that was the basis for his Royal Society Christmas Lectures on mathematics. Probably nothing knew to me, but it's well written so far and a good read.
And very good it was two. One or two things new to me, and one or two things I thought i knew I now know better after a good description. A most enjoyable mathematical journey.

Next up: Precious and Grace by Alexander McCall Smith. The 17th in his No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, which I bought earlier this year for the high (for me!) sum of £2.99.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #30350
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Along with Horn, I'm almost finished with Dangling Man, by the great Saul Bellow.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Today at 12:47 PM.