Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #661
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Updated w/ KOReader 2021.11, which follows the couple of updates in the last few days for the two Plato releases.

Which means everything now supports the Libra 2 & Sage.

A couple of known gotchas on those devices, though:

* Both Plato & KOReader may be exacerbating latent Libra 2 issues, resulting in semi-random reboots. See this GH issue for more details and some potential workarounds.
* On the Sage, both Plato & KOReader will currently exhibit slightly higher power drain, and that's in addition to the already pretty terrible power efficiency on the Sage.
As mentioned in my answer in that thread, I will eventually work on auto-suspend in KOReader (mainly to see how much it actually helps/hurts), but I currently don't have the time to do so. For interested tinkerers, my *extremely* WIP branch is public, but currently stale, I intend to rebase it ASAP, though.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-21-2021 at 06:17 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:13 PM   #662
Jiyu09
Jiyu09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The version of KOReader that you've installed is not compatible with your Sage. You need to wait for the November 2021 stable release and install that version. It will be compatible with your Sage.
Thank you very much! I installed it again today and everything works!
Jiyu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #663
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Works performance wise. But I have experienced the said reboots while tapping/swiping across the screen and even using the page turn buttons.

Edit: Upon further testing, Plato looks to be a lot more stable than KOReader. I'm sticking to Plato for now.

Last edited by FireFrog; 11-22-2021 at 10:44 AM.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #664
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
Thumbs up This update works well on my Elipsa - thank you :)

Thank you for this update. The last update caused both Plato and KOReader to crash on startup (sorry I didn't collect the logs and report) but this latest one has KOReader running very well - haven't tested Plato yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Updated w/ KOReader 2021.11, which follows the couple of updates in the last few days for the two Plato releases.

Which means everything now supports the Libra 2 & Sage.

A couple of known gotchas on those devices, though:

* Both Plato & KOReader may be exacerbating latent Libra 2 issues, resulting in semi-random reboots. See this GH issue for more details and some potential workarounds.
* On the Sage, both Plato & KOReader will currently exhibit slightly higher power drain, and that's in addition to the already pretty terrible power efficiency on the Sage.
As mentioned in my answer in that thread, I will eventually work on auto-suspend in KOReader (mainly to see how much it actually helps/hurts), but I currently don't have the time to do so. For interested tinkerers, my *extremely* WIP branch is public, but currently stale, I intend to rebase it ASAP, though.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:02 AM   #665
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
I have a couple of questions, as I never used KOReader before:
  • does it read both EPUB and KEPUB files?
  • does it have its own hyphenation dictionary for Polish? If not, does it read soft hyphens for EBUBs and KEPUBs or should I install such a dictionary on a device?
  • does it disable reading stats for KEPUBs, i.e. are these tracked only in Nickel?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #666
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
No kepubs, no integration with Nickel (besides frontlight level and wifi networks).

Polish hyphenation yes, soft hyphens yes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #667
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
No kepubs, no integration with Nickel (besides frontlight level and wifi networks).

Polish hyphenation yes, soft hyphens yes.
Strictly speaking, KOReader will render kepubs since the added spans which are the majority of the differences between a kepub and an epub have little effect on how the epub is displayed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #668
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
I have a couple of questions, as I never used KOReader before:
  • does it read both EPUB and KEPUB files?
  • does it have its own hyphenation dictionary for Polish? If not, does it read soft hyphens for EBUBs and KEPUBs or should I install such a dictionary on a device?
  • does it disable reading stats for KEPUBs, i.e. are these tracked only in Nickel?
If You buy a book from Kobo and import it with wifi or Kobo Desktop Koreader won't read it because of DRM. If You convert a book into Kepub and sideload it Koreader will read it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:25 AM   #669
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems I did something wrong, as I just extracted the KOReader zip file onto the device and didn't add the script, so I just have a bunch of files in the book list. Now, should I just run the script?

Edit: I sorted out the installation, the app looks good!

Last edited by Buhaj47; 12-05-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #670
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Seems I did something wrong, as I just extracted the KOReader zip file onto the device and didn't add the script, so I just have a bunch of files in the book list. Now, should I just run the script?

Edit: I factory reset the device anyway, so should I save the KOreader zip and the script in a single folder and then run a script? Do i have to extract the zip to Kobo after that?

What script? My friend has the same problem. After installing koreader, she has a bunch of files in her booklist. I can not hrlp her as i do not use koreader
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #671
Buhaj47
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
What script?
This one.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #672
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How well does KOReader work on a Libra 2?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:41 PM   #673
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How well does KOReader work on a Libra 2?
It's working fine.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #674
Buhaj47
Zealot

I sorted out installation, just installed KOReader. If I want to add Plato, is it enough if I just extract Plato archive to the device now?
Old 12-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #675
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
It's working fine.
Thanks. I have my Libra 2 coming on Thursday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato