Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Excerpts from public speeches in audiobooks

I just finished listening to Jonathan Karl's Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show, which, by the way, is excellent. But what I want to comment on is the book's use of audio excerpts from public speeches by Trump, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, etc. in lieu of the narrator (Karl) simply reading the passages.

I recall that at least one of the earlier trio of Trump books I listened to (Woodward and Costa, Leonnig and Rucker, Wolff) also used a few such audio excerpts, but that's the only other time I've come across anything like this.

It's both interesting and a little jarring (I listen at increased speed, and familiar voices sped up sound weird!). Has anyone listened to other audiobooks that do this? Seems like it would be intriguing in historical works when recordings exist.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote