Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 06-11-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
GracieAllen
Enthusiast
GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Nexus 9
rbdigital - why BOTHER?

A little testy this morning dealing with unnecessary stupidity...

A couple local libraries APPEAR to have shoved all their audiobooks off to rbdigital. Annoying, but ok.

Set up the account, logged in, found an audiobook. CHECKED to be sure it was available. CHECKED to be sure it was NON-PROTECTED.

Checked it out.

rbdigital poppped up the thing to tell it to OPen with "OCDMediaManager"... Fine. Told it OK.

INSTEAD of opening with the thing that normally lets me download the audiobook, it opened the "RBdigital Media Manager" to tell me about MICROSOFT no longer supporting protected RBdigital titles and a bunch of other blather.

rbdigital SAYS IT'S A NON-PROTECTED TITLE.

All I want to do is DOWNLOAD an audiobook, to my computer, so I can put it on a flash drive and listen to it in the car. I'm not a millenial, don't live with a cell phone stuck to my ear, and don't listen to audiobooks that way. And don't want to have to take attention from the road to screw around with a cell phone when driving.

So HOW do I get rbdigital to let me download the audiobook?
GracieAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can download the RBDIgital Program for Windows.

http://winnipegmb.rbdigital.com/Desk...0Installer.exe

However,the other option is to download the app for your phone and use your phone to play through the car stereo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
infectious
infectious began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
I only that thing it installed because some library audiobooks are delivered via it. Same with Overdrive. (you can copy/paste the mp3 files out if the due-date is looming and you've found yourself behind on listening - so I heard)
infectious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectious View Post
I only that thing it installed because some library audiobooks are delivered via it. Same with Overdrive. (you can copy/paste the mp3 files out if the due-date is looming and you've found yourself behind on listening - so I heard)
I was hesitant to mention that, but yeah, mp3 files don't have DRM protection.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
OverDrive was just sold by Rakuten (Kobo) to KKR (a private equity firm). KKR also owns RBmedia, the parent company of RBdigital. Now that they're all under the same umbrella, OD is acquiring RBdigital in order to merge all of the library assets into one entity. What happens next remains to be seen.

Please see this thread for additional discussion -- Overdrive to Acquire RBDigital.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote