Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-13-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Advice Required

Hi

I tried to install Koreader on my Kobo touch Nt305 running firmware 3.17 using the advboot_380.zip file and the Shadooo's procedure as described in the sticky.

The menu came up and I could go into nickel ok. IfI tapped the Koreader button it showed the boot animation but then another menu would appear which only showed the Kobo icon and the text "power off". Tapping either of these did nothing.

I presume I have used the wrong advboot version. I have now upgraded to firmware version 3.19.5761. Is there an advboot file which will work with this firmware?

Thanks
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:03 AM   #2
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Well, may be that the problem is the version of koreader used to configure advboot. To check it copy koreader directory into .kobo. I don't know if all koreader can work within that directory.
Tell me what happend

PS: In any way I think you should use a more recent version of advboot like 3121

Last edited by boriar; 02-13-2016 at 05:11 AM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might want to check out the thread around this post. I am assuming that you have a Kobo Touch N905, one of its versions.

You could also, try Tshering's Kobo Start Menu 8 (KSM8), with this to provide a limited menu.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-13-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:30 AM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for all the advice.

Iwill give it another try and report back on what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You might want to check out the thread around this post. I am assuming that you have a Kobo Touch N905, one of its versions.

You could also, try Tshering's Kobo Start Menu 8 (KSM8), with this to provide a limited menu.

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #5
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Hi

I have tried all the suggestions.

Code:
In any way I think you should use a more recent version of advboot like 3121
Tried but Koreader still did not boot.

Quote:
Update: Problem solved after changing koreader_kobo.sh into koreader.sh in pre_run\90_koreader.sh
I had high hopes this one but again it did not help

Quote:
You could also, try Tshering's Kobo Start Menu 8 (KSM8)

I did and the menu starts and works correctly. Unfortunately when I take the KOreader option all I got was a screen telling me to tap the top right corner. When I tapped there was no response. I tried applying a fix by changing X and Y values in input.lua. The result of this is that if I tap the Koreader option in the startmenu, the screen flickers but nothing else happens.

Any suggestions on how to ensure I completely remove Koreader (not the start menu) so that I can try again. I version I tried to install was the overnight version of Koreader. My Kobi is a very early touch model.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This is pretty odd, you have gone through the common issues that were mentioned by the touch users that had problems. What you have tried has solved the flipped touchscreen issue, for those who encountered it.

To remove KOReader you just delete the koreader folder. (With KSM8 it is also possible to have multiple koreader instalations, but I would get one working normally first.) All you need to do is copy over the koreader folder from the download zip/gz into your device (wherever KSM8 has them now) There is no need to use the KoboRoot.tgz, in the koreader-kobo-arm-Linux....zip download, with KSM as the launcher.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 AM   #7
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Thanks Ken.

I am going away for a few days on family business.

I will have a look at this again when I get back and let you know the results.

Thanks for all the help everyone.