Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Lights Out by HalfFast (Free) Great eBook

I am not the author or affiliated with the author in anyway. Just a fan.

The ebook comes in original PDF format (611 pages). I have created an epub version (1842 pages) properly formatted and cleaned up with a Table of Contents as well. Its a real page burner. Ive seen some call it a bit wordy but not for me. I completely loved the book. And I am very surprised this hasn't been snatched up and published (yet). Its that good in my opinion.

Anyway its Fiction- Survival, Men's Adventure, TEOTWAWKI type book. And a little more realistic and complete than most survival style writing. Hope you enjoy it.

See this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74635

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

I am hoping that the people that read this come back and give their opinion. Everywhere Ive posted this its always gotten great reviews. The worst thing Ive heard said about this book is its "a bit wordy". Which I think for most readers is ok.
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Anyone download this and currently reading it or finished with it yet. Its turned into one of my favorite books. Opinions would be great to hear.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi

The book looks interesting... Maybe you could upload it to Smashwords, so people can download the format, which suits them best...

I'll definitely read it, if I can get both .epub and .pdb.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #5
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Hi

The book looks interesting... Maybe you could upload it to Smashwords, so people can download the format, which suits them best...

I'll definitely read it, if I can get both .epub and .pdb.
Well I am not the author. It is a free ebook but don't think it would be proper for me to upload someone else's work. From what I know of smashwords isn't it for authors and publishers? Which I am neither.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-10-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Can't seem to download it; I get a tiny, corrupt file when I try. Can't navigate to it on the website itself. Can you give a link to the page that shows it, instead of a direct link to the file itself?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Can't seem to download it; I get a tiny, corrupt file when I try. Can't navigate to it on the website itself. Can you give a link to the page that shows it, instead of a direct link to the file itself?
Sorry just seen your post. Yeah I am trying to find the page. Once I do I will put up a proper link.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

See this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74635

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #9
tyler.
tyler. began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Reading this now, about 50 pages in and its already caught me Although there does seem to be a slight formatting error onto the nook - most (if not every) "ff" (as in stuff and off), gets turned into a single ?. You get used to it, but just a little heads up.
tyler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler. View Post
Reading this now, about 50 pages in and its already caught me Although there does seem to be a slight formatting error onto the nook - most (if not every) "ff" (as in stuff and off), gets turned into a single ?. You get used to it, but just a little heads up.
Its not the Nooks fault mine it turns the ff into a square. I am planning on going through it with an editor and correcting all of it and adding a proper TOC. I had already done the TOC but it somehow broke lol.

Just haven't found the time to do it yet. And Sigil takes so long. Adding a chapter to takes 20 seconds each chapter lol. Sigil has a nice replace funtion which would be perfect for the ff/square (? mark). But when there is so many corrections to make to a doc it freezes the program. So its time consuming.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Well I am not the author. It is a free ebook but don't think it would be proper for me to upload someone else's work. From what I know of smashwords isn't it for authors and publishers? Which I am neither.

You're right: It's not proper, as it may be copyrighted.

However, there's nothing stopping you from querying the author and explaining to him/her what your intentions are, and to see if the author finds this OK.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
http://www.survivalmonkey.com/Lights%20Out.htm

This should do it. Sorry about that. Not sure why the PDF didn't launch for you.
Apparently, work has that site blocked. Or partially blocked. (Happens a lot, but with just the PDF link I couldn't figure out if that was the problem, or if the other pages were just "no permissions" things, since I could get to the main page.) I got it at home last night, and then forgot to load it onto my ebook reader.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I'm just starting this book today! Just finished a Star Trek book & loaded this one up to be next in line.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Ok I am going through and editing the errors out now. And adding a TOC. Not sure how long this is going to take but I might have the corrected version up tonight on megaupload.

Keep an eye on this thread.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #15
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Ok definitely not tonight lol. I knew the book was huge but forgotten how huge (1830 pages in Calibre). Anyway there are 74 chapters or so and I am currently on chapter 25 (450 pages so far). So I have a ways to go, so a few more days.

I am editing the words that have the ff issue. When I come across a misspelled word I correct it and then check the rest of the document for that word. Sigil has no spell check. But it does have a replace word function so any word repeated misspelled can be corrected fairly easy (unless it freezes). But thats only if I spot the misspelled word. I am pulling out the page numbers and the www stuff (which is all over lol). And correcting the paragraphs that have gotten broke up because of the page numbers. And adding the TOC as I go.

Anyone currently reading this who want to help me might want to keep a pen and paper handy and write down any misspelled words as you read and send me a PM with those words. Would in the long run help us all to have a 100% corrected ebook. Because I can only correct the word if I spot it (Sigil doesn't have a spell checker only a replace word function).

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-21-2010 at 03:25 AM.