Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Wiley signs deal with Scribd

A friend just sent me this press release:

Quote:
Scribd, the world's largest social publishing company with more than 50 million readers each month, has entered an agreement with top global publisher John Wiley and Sons, Inc. to market and sell thousands of popular eBooks through the Scribd Store, Scribd's e-commerce marketplace. Wiley titles will include the For Dummies series, Frommer's travel guides and CliffsNotes study guides.

Scribd also recently signed agreements with Sterling Publishing, Chronicle Books and University of Chicago Press. They join the more than 150 professional publishers that are now selling in the Scribd Store. Sterling Publishing is a leading publisher of non-fiction books and a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble. Its multiple imprints include Hearst Books, which publishes popular brands Cosmopolitan, Esquire and Vogue.
from here
(Bookseller beat me to it)

I looked through the Scribd Store, and the several books I checked all have Adobe DE DRM. No big surprise there.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote