Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Now you're triplets!
Don't make me switch to an actual pic of my self. Well... at lest no on else would want to use my ugly mug.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Don't make me switch to an actual pic of my self. Well... at lest no on else would want to use my ugly mug.

BOb
You mean that's *not* the real you?

Okay, I'm gonna stop hijacking this thread now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
So many penguins in one place...

Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #19
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you, LuBiB, jetbook pwner.

I haven't seen a jetbook before, so that was a very interesting video.

We speak the same language, but you speak very, very fast! I couldn't understand everything you said, but I liked your thumbs
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I want a jetbook now. but its still pricy. if it drops 50 bucks or I can find it used I will get one in an instant.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #21
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Nice review...it is really helping to see these devices reviewed by end users. I agree your buds have a thumb fetish, but, hey, the IQ was outstanding and we know you don't bite your fingernails!! hehehehe...

I really liked the Jetbook, but now after seeing it in use sense it's not likely for me because the page turn control on the left is a slider. I would have liked to hear and see how easy it was to use one handed. When I could still hold books I always read one handed. Even would turn pages with my left thumb some days, but, as a rule I probably almost always turned pages right the right hand. Then came my PDA's and the clie nx73v which, with it's jog wheel and Mobireader software make one handed use my fav way to use a smaller form factor reader.

I still think I need to try out one of these are BB&B to know first hand...thanks!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #22
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sure are a lot of penguins wearing top hats in this thread.
hmmmm....seems there is an over population issue then...anyone know how penguin tastes on the BBQ?

::::::runnnnsssss....away....::::::::::
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I want a jetbook now. but its still pricy. if it drops 50 bucks or I can find it used I will get one in an instant.
I believe in a post here somewhere that someone yesterday reported that it is on sale for $199

Time to buy?

I'm going to be in the U.S. to visit my father - and to get away from those nasty, little screaming brats called "students" hahahaha - and will attempt to find a Jetbook, locally, to look at and see if it's anything I might want to add to my ebook arsenal.

I'm also going to buy my Kindle2 to supplement my excellent and invaluable Sony 505, which would STILL have to be pried out of my dismembered hand, even if I was also disemboweled or beheaded.

Don

Last Will and Testicle:
I leave my thousands of books, to include my most valuable and collectible books, to my father. My Sony 505 must be buried with me; or else included in the urn with my ashes.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #24
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I really liked the Jetbook, but now after seeing it in use sense it's not likely for me because the page turn control on the left is a slider. I would have liked to hear and see how easy it was to use one handed.

I still think I need to try out one of these are BB&B to know first hand...thanks!!
Good idea to check it out - there are page turn buttons on BOTH sides on the bottom + I think that some of the numbered tabs may work as page-turns. It's pretty flexible. I use it easily one-handed (switching from time-to-time) and I have very small hands.

Dr. Drib - Since you do not live in the US (as I don't) - why the K2? Same screen and size as the Sony...
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #25
chaznsc
Connoisseur
chaznsc began at the beginning.

Device: Mine
You REALLY did a good job on this.
chaznsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Good idea to check it out - there are page turn buttons on BOTH sides on the bottom + I think that some of the numbered tabs may work as page-turns. It's pretty flexible. I use it easily one-handed (switching from time-to-time) and I have very small hands.

Dr. Drib - Since you do not live in the US (as I don't) - why the K2? Same screen and size as the Sony...
I can download books due to the fact that I have a U.S. address and a bank account in the U.S.

Also, the Kindle library is exciting to me. Although I read and make fun of zombie books, to include mutilation, decapitation, blood, guts, murder, dead cats and microwaves, etc., my true love is Literature rather than genre fiction. (I DO love to read genre fiction, by the way.) Literature, however, will spin me in my grave and put a smile on my face. (But don't tell anyone -- hahaha - I want everyone here to think I'm a low-brow admirer and creator of cutting-edge [pun intended] bloody humor! I want to get people to think outside their prescribed little boxes of friendly discourse....Stepford Wives, indeed!!!) "Rock the boat/Don't rock the boat, baby" A melding of cultural ethos.

I'm also waiting for J.M.G. LeClesio's work to come out in ebook. (He's the most recent winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.) Going back to the U.S. will allow me to retrieve my Athenuem American First Edition hardbacks from storage. They're quite valuable and have been taken care of by me for about 30 years. His prose is beautiful and scintillating; and he has something to say about the Human Condition and about Culture.

Don
Old 07-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
brecklundin
Banned

Hey Don,

this is OT but have you ever read Shadow of the Torturer by Gene Wolfe? Given what appears to be a like of books that Bruce Campbell would likely to play the lead in, I think, even though it;s not a zombie book, you would enjoy it. I am pretty sure it cannot be had in ebook format but still it's a nice read.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I really liked the Jetbook, but now after seeing it in use sense it's not likely for me because the page turn control on the left is a slider.
Actually, you can use the slider, the Prev/Next Page buttons on the bottom left hand corner or the Left/Right Arrows on the bottom right corner to turn the page. The only exception is if you are view a PDF the bottom right control becomes a scroll control.

BTW: You can certainly hold it with one hand (left) and use the slider.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
brecklundin
Banned

THANKS BOb!! I might just have to make a special trip to play with the thing. I liked the Jetbook from the time I first saw it here. It would be nice if they added LED backlighting for night reading but we can't have everything.

But being able to easily use it one handed in my left hand is a must have thing for me. My right hand is just too badly affected with moth RA and OA...so if I don't want experimental joint replacement or worse, joint fusion of ALL the knuckles but the very tips (AWKKKK!!), I have been told to reduce my use of it.

No matter what I am going to wait until late Q4 this year or even sometime in Q1/2 of '10 before deciding on a dedicated reader. So many new devices I want to see which stick after being thrown against the wall, so to speak.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hey Don,

this is OT but have you ever read Shadow of the Torturer by Gene Wolfe? Given what appears to be a like of books that Bruce Campbell would likely to play the lead in, I think, even though it;s not a zombie book, you would enjoy it. I am pretty sure it cannot be had in ebook format but still it's a nice read.

OT Response:

It's funny you'd mention that title.

I read the four original books as they were each published. (I have the original first 3 in hardback in perfect condition.) It was one of the most incredible series of books I've ever read. I consider these books to be the equivalent of the best that Literature and fine writing has to offer.

An incredible series. (The other volumes beyond that first set, I know nothing about.)

Don