Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader 0.10.4 (on Nokia Internet Tablets)

FBReader 0.10.4 was released today for Windows and Linux Desktops and for Nokia Internet Tablets. This is the first 0.10.X release (FBReader 0.10.0 out now) for the Nokia's, and also includes multiple fixes to epub format support.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Is there a change log somewhere? I don't see anything specific on fbreader.org.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it now.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I don't know what epub changes were made, but I still don't get the correct font specified in the stylesheet. Even with a fallback of "serif" specified, I still get a sans serif font. All the fonts listed in the stylesheet are installed on my PC. The CSS support is still lacking as well. Drop caps still don't display.

I'm not complaining, just noting what problems I still have with FBReader. I love the program and use if often. I just wish it didn't take so long for better funtionality. OK, all you coding geniuses go work on FBReader
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I don't know what epub changes were made, but I still don't get the correct font specified in the stylesheet. Even with a fallback of "serif" specified, I still get a sans serif font. All the fonts listed in the stylesheet are installed on my PC.
There is an "always use my fonts" option under the CSS settings tab, but it does not seem to have any effect (one way ot the other) on the ePubs I tried.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Can you search and downloads e-books from Feedbooks within the app on this device ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
refortin
refortin began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Can you search and downloads e-books from Feedbooks within the app on this device ?
Yes.
refortin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Here are screenshots from a Windows PC. The 1st is from the network search, and the 2nd is the downloaded ebook.

The Kindle Download Guide also works (last 2 screenshots), except that the "self updating" link requires a web browser (rather than FBReader's own download capability, which works for the other MOBIs in the guide). Blue links are internal to the ebook, green links are external (via a web browser), and brown links are downloadable ebooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FBR_FB1.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	25997   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBR_FB2.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	25998   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBR_FB3.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	25999   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBR_FB4.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	26000  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #8
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There is an "always use my fonts" option under the CSS settings tab, but it does not seem to have any effect (one way ot the other) on the ePubs I tried.
Yes, I normally use that option and it works for me with epub. I was just seeing if the CSS font issue was fixed yet. I like having the option of using my own font, but there are times when the fonts specified in the ebook make a difference, just as in a paper book. Yes, most books are fine with any old font. But some books benefit from good typography. The words may be the same, but a font can add a "feel" to the work.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote