Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Kindle story in NY Times Feb 24th '09

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/te...html?th&emc=th

(also says Thursday's NY Times Circuits section will have "A roundup of devices and software for reading books electronically ...")
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Another group of naysayers claims that the Kindle has missed its window. E-book programs are thriving on the far more portable (and far more popular) iPhones and iPod Touches. Surely smartphones, which already serve as cameras, calculators and Web browsers, will become the dominant e-book readers as well.
I'll only say this: unless smartphones will get the same screen size as at least my PDA has, I will never use a smartphone to read books. And if a mobile phone gets so large as my PDA, I doubt people will want to buy it...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I'm looking forward to the round up.And was interesting to read the different costs for the varying subscriptions (I'm not sure I ever knew that before).I used to read on my Palm...I wouldn't do it now,not even sure I'd be able to do it actually without straining my vision. I'm hoping I get to see a Kindle 2 up close-I have actually seen alot more sony readers than kindles-and its not just gadget bias-I'm the kind of person who would walk up to someone and ask about their device (and have often been the person asked in the past)-in fact did that with the Kindle a few weeks ago,one morning at starbucks.
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Apple will make it and you will buy, you cannot resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'll only say this: unless smartphones will get the same screen size as at least my PDA has, I will never use a smartphone to read books. And if a mobile phone gets so large as my PDA, I doubt people will want to buy it...
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote