Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Rumor: New Kindle Fire Specs

From Gizmodo via Boy Genius:

Quote:
First up, the basic seven-inch Kindle Fire will get a display spec bump from a 1,024 x 600 screen to a 1,280 x 800, the same resolution as the existing Kindle Fire HD. That means the Kindle Fire HD is getting a spec bump, too, huh? Why yes it does. The new HD seven-incher will sport a 1920 x 1200 display. As for the new larger, top-end Kindle Fire HD 8.9, BGR's source says the new model will feature a denser-then-retina-iPad 2,560 x 1,600 display.
Link to the original BGR article:

http://bgr.com/2013/07/09/amazon-kin...013-exclusive/
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Regarding the design of Amazon’s new Kindle Fire HD tablets, we have been told that Amazon will introduce some big changes in the new models that launch later this year. Whereas the current Kindle Fire HD series features a back that slopes smoothly out toward the edges, as seen in the image above, our sources say the new models feature a more angular design with a flat slope out to the edges instead of a curved slope, and corners that aren’t as rounded. One source described the new look as “chiseled.”
This seems like it would be less comfortable to hold.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
This seems like it would be less comfortable to hold.
Sounds like it will be MS Surface shaped.

I use covers on all of my portables, so I guess I won't notice the difference.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sounds like it will be MS Surface shaped.

I use covers on all of my portables, so I guess I won't notice the difference.
Actually, I wish they'd keep the same shell and just put new stuff in it. I hate shelling out extra dollars for a new case when I upgrade devices; especially if it's an OtterBox.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Actually, I wish they'd keep the same shell and just put new stuff in it. I hate shelling out extra dollars for a new case when I upgrade devices; especially if it's an OtterBox.
For me, selling my old devices with cases has helped the sales. I can charge a little bit more.
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Way to much is made on accessories for them to do that.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
For me, selling my old devices with cases has helped the sales. I can charge a little bit more.
I pass my devices onto family members who usually want thinner cases. My preference is for rugged, outdoor type cases. I don't care how thick or heavy it makes the overall package. First and foremost, I want protection; and that usually means higher case prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Way to much is made on accessories for them to do that.
Yeah, I know. I love how Amazon charges $20 for a $5 wall charger; and they even have the audacity to charge another $10 for a spare USB cable. There's a definite goldmine in accessories.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

think i'm ok with my exisitng 7 inch , but I may snag the larger unit if it gets retina
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
think i'm ok with my exisitng 7 inch , but I may snag the larger unit if it gets retina
The Fire HD 8.9 is already retina.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
The rumored larger 8.9 inch KFHD would be beyond the current iPad Retina specs.

Current iPad Retina = 2,048 x 1,536
Rumored 8.9 inch KFHD = 2,560 x 1,600

Rumored new iPad coming in the fall, so the comparison may change.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
The Fire HD 8.9 is already retina.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Only apple has retina. Even though we have phones with 450+ PPI, only apple has retina. Or so they want you to believe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	retina.png
Views:	263
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	107975  
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Only apple has retina. Even though we have phones with 450+ PPI, only apple has retina. Or so they want you to believe.
Apple displays look better than reality. In fact i hear that many men find the women in their real lives less desirable after seeing women on an apple retina display.

if only the iphone has retina display, does that mean that apple is lying when they say that the ipad has retina? Or are they lying in that ad?

Last edited by spellbanisher; 07-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #13
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Cool, love that the basic model is getting an upgrade. I wonder what will be the standout feature this time?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
...forgive me Apple for I have sinned
Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
But Kodak had the Retina first