Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Quetico
Quetico began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Ipod
Bulk Meta Data Transfer

How can I bulk remove The Series Name and Book Number from the Title Field. I have tried several regular expressions but I can't make it work. Any suggestions?
Quetico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetico View Post
How can I bulk remove The Series Name and Book Number from the Title Field. I have tried several regular expressions but I can't make it work. Any suggestions?
Since there is no standard way of including series, There is no SINGLE solution
keep working on your REGEX terms, the test and results sections are valuable tools to getting it right for your files
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
There are several threads here on this topic, with examples.

For instance:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208442
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote