Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #16
spMatti
spMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Or is this what is happening? The virtual SD is still there but not started? And only book E was downloaded but books A and B were added to the home screen again because they were suddenly 'new' after the virtual SD card started with the sync? But then... why did they disappear form the home screen in the first place? Is the virtual SD card shut down when/after plugging in to a computer, or after processing content that was added with a cable??
I tested it. Books that are synchronized disappear after USB connection and after eReader restart content reappear as 'new' (You get "loading content"-message). So the books aren't really gone, because I didn't even resync just restart. I have to study this more, but it might be that virtual SD card is not started.
spMatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Thanks for looking into it spMatti!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
You are probably right. I think the problem is that the Mini does not have an SD card. There's another way to insert content to library: faking usb plug and unplug, but it requires some work and testing. Faking usb plug also disconnects network so it's not so nice as faking SD card.

I try to figure out something, but it will take some time.
Wouldn't it be easier to somehow tell the Mini that it does have a µSD card slot? (It's just invisible... honest...)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
You are probably right. I think the problem is that the Mini does not have an SD card. There's another way to insert content to library: faking usb plug and unplug, but it requires some work and testing. Faking usb plug also disconnects network so it's not so nice as faking SD card.

I try to figure out something, but it will take some time.
no problem spMatti, though grateful if you manage to solve it.

Mrs_Often, yes I only copied the code. Actually, if the Mini had a real SD card, it wouldn't be at all bad :-) (I did try to pry open the back to insert a new larger card, but the back cover was too stiff. Plus, I don't have linux so I am not even sure I would be able to hack it properly. I wish I had more space, though).

One other thing I notice is that the firmware plugin no longer works (though this is easily fixable by reinstalling it).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Worked very well on my Kobo Glo.
Thanks man. Now i have Cloud on my Kobo |m|
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
lrmulli
lrmulli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Kobo Glo

I can't get it to work on my Glo

I'm dropping the file in to .kobo

Unmounting the kobo

Disconnect USB lead

Kobo Glo then says it's updating and reboots.

I then plug it back in and the archive has gone and i can't find the .grive-sync directory.

Any ideas?

Louis
lrmulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The archive gets dropped as part of the installation; files are copied from there to the hidden side of the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
lrmulli

Peter - i guessed the file gets dropped as part of the upgrade.

But unless i have misunderstood the install is supposed to create a directory called .grive-sync/ where i put my auth details.

I'm following the instructions here

https://github.com/softapalvelin/kob...c/wiki/install
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmulli View Post
Peter - i guessed the file gets dropped as part of the upgrade.

But unless i have misunderstood the install is supposed to create a directory called .grive-sync/ where i put my auth details.

I'm following the instructions here

https://github.com/softapalvelin/kob...c/wiki/install
You can only put your auth.txt file in there AFTER you get the readme.txt out of there...

If below are the exact steps you are taking, you missed a step. After you unplug and detach the USB cable, wait for it to update and reboot... do NOT plug it in again straight away. First switch Wifi on, preferably by syncing the Glo. Only after that, plug the Glo back in.

Quote:
I can't get it to work on my Glo

I'm dropping the file in to .kobo

Unmounting the kobo

Disconnect USB lead

Kobo Glo then says it's updating and reboots.

I then plug it back in and the archive has gone and i can't find the .grive-sync directory.

Any ideas?

Louis
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
lrmulli

Hi Mrs_Often

First of all thanks for taking the time to help me.

You were exactly right in that i was missing a step after the reboot in turning wifi on. So i started from scratch and did as you said by syncing after the reboot. However I'm still in the same situation after the reboot in that the directory (.grive-sync/) is still missing.

So i'm still not working :-(

Do you have to already be on a specific firmware for this to work?

Louis
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #26
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Hi Mrs_Often

First of all thanks for taking the time to help me.
No problem
Quote:
You were exactly right in that i was missing a step after the reboot in turning wifi on. So i started from scratch and did as you said by syncing after the reboot. However I'm still in the same situation after the reboot in that the directory (.grive-sync/) is still missing.

So i'm still not working :-(

Do you have to already be on a specific firmware for this to work?

Louis
What computer platform are you on?

If you're on a Mac, plug in your Glo, and in Finder, go to dropdown menu "Go,"
down near to bottom, go to "Connect to folder..." fill in "/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.grive-sync/" and hit "Go."

If you're on a different platform and should normally see folders with a "." in front, I'm afraid I don't know why the folder isn't being made.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
lrmulli

Hi Mrs_Often

I'm on ubuntu linux - I'm pretty certain the directory isn't there - i've tried turning on hidden directories, using the address bar to force it there and also double checking from the command line.

Thanks for your help

Louis
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What firmware ARE you on?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #29
lrmulli

2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)
Should work. Are you absolutely certain you followed all the steps exactly to the letter? If I were you I'd restart the device and try again.