Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
MooseFam5
Enthusiast
MooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook STR, Nook Tablet
Just Switched to the Nook STR

I was an early adopter of the PRS-T1 but gave up on it since Sony doesn't seem to be putting much effort into resolving the freezing issue. (After the 3 or 4th time I experienced it in a couple of weeks, my patience began to wear thin...)

Anyway, I bought the Nook Simple Touch Reader tonight and am looking forward to putting my current books on it.

Does anyone have any helpful tips for working with Calibre and the STR? I love Calibre and have used it with two Sony readers but haven't worked with a Nook before. Thoughts?
MooseFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseFam5 View Post
I was an early adopter of the PRS-T1 but gave up on it since Sony doesn't seem to be putting much effort into resolving the freezing issue. (After the 3 or 4th time I experienced it in a couple of weeks, my patience began to wear thin...)

Anyway, I bought the Nook Simple Touch Reader tonight and am looking forward to putting my current books on it.

Does anyone have any helpful tips for working with Calibre and the STR? I love Calibre and have used it with two Sony readers but haven't worked with a Nook before. Thoughts?
Nook Touch library system is not very good. So instead of collections I use calibre to send files by folders. Using the below send to device
Code:
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}
You can use jackie's cover plugin to send covers to act as your screensavers.
I would recommend rooting and installing coolreader on your nook touch if you want to get the most out of your reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
MooseFam5
Enthusiast
MooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook STR, Nook Tablet
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Nook Touch library system is not very good. So instead of collections I use calibre to send files by folders. Using the below send to device
Code:
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}
You can use jackie's cover plugin to send covers to act as your screensavers.
I would recommend rooting and installing coolreader on your nook touch if you want to get the most out of your reader.
I appreciate the suggestions! Thank you!
MooseFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote