Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Dead K3 showing a non-OEM screensaver

I got home from work yesterday and I sat down ready to read my K3 only to discover that is dead. I've plugged it to my computer and to the AC outlet, no signs of life. I've held the power button for a minute, no response.

Does anyone have any experience sending a Kindle back with your own screensaver in the display? Would my warranty be void?

Thanks,
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
How long did you have it plugged into a power outlet? It needs to charge at least 45 minutes or more before it has a minimum charge that is sufficient to turn it on. The Kindle will not power up from the charger, only from the battery.

The software hack that allows you to change your screensaver will not affect your warranty.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 06-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

I don't remember for how long. I just plugged it in again. MY concern is that the yellow light doesn't turn on when it's charging.

Let's see, though. I'll report.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Not personally but there have been several people here who have done a warranty exchange with the hacks installed and not had any problems.

Let us know how it works out for you.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado

Quick update: Amazon replaced my K3. No questions asked. Top-quality customer service.
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I was gonna say that they probably wouldn't care a bit, as they more than likely would just flash it once they got it back...but, you've already got a replacement on the way. So...good luck with the new one!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote