Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
sara4
sara4 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz ereader
nook ereader

After having much trouble with Borders, and the Cruz reader, we stopped the credit card payment and are in the 45 day period waiting to see if we have to go further.
In the meantime, I found a refurbished 3g Nook for $100 and couldnt resist. But when I started reading the forum, I am wondering if I made a mistake and should have held out for the color. Is it that different? My feeling was that it was a miniature ibook or pc laptop. Am I wrong, all reasoning gratefully accepted. Thanks Sara4
sara4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
depends, eink is wonderful, looks like a printed page, great for outdoor reading.

nook color is an LCD going from a Cruz to a nook color would be like going from an Emerson HDTV to Samsung HDTV , you'll notice the difference in almost every aspect.

nook color is great they both are for different reason.

If you can afford it why not have both

but if you have to choose one or the other, you are going to have to consider a couple of things, this in NOT an iPad, it does offer web browsing, which is great, it runs some minor apps, but this is an ereader first and formost.

There is more ereading functionality and features on the color and reading magazines are great and such.

it's tough if you had to choose one or the other.

I love them both.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
It all depends on what you intend to do with it. If you're going to read books, the original is prefectly fine. In fact, in some ways, better (the battery charge should last quite a bit longer). If you want do so something that requires color, like magazine subscriptions, well then obviously the color is better. If you're looking for a cheap imitation of an iPad, the color is closer, but will probably never really be as versatile.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
kmack
kmack has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, EBW-1150
I had wondered that myself, but I figured that the things I would want to do with a color tablet like the NC can better be done on an IPad. Despite the glowing reviews of the NC I'm sticking with my Nook WiFi and saving up to get a refurb 1st gen IPad when the IPad II hits the streets and the price drops a bit.

$100 for a Nook 3g is a good deal, enjoy it.
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
sara4
sara4 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz ereader
thanks for your replies. I love the reader as it is simple to use, I think the only fault is the keyboard as my fingers are fat and the letters aren't. I am going to start looking for a refurbished color nook as there are many art periodicals that can be read digitally and I am interested in that . I do not want an Ipad thingie as I have an Imac, an Ipod, and a laptop. And I dont text message, too distracting. Will let you know if I find one refurb. nook color. Happy Holidays to you and yours, ms-syd
sara4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert