Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Watch out for Kenny! He's been assimilated by his Droid!
Does it help if I say I hate Texting!

I was forced to take the 250 texts per month plan as that was the minimum.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Does it help if I say I hate Texting!

I was forced to take the 250 texts per month plan as that was the minimum.
Texting on a virtual keyboard is no fun . I get nostalgic when I think about phones with actual buttons.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
My name is TGS, and I have already confessed to having a crap phone. It's a Motorola and usually isn't at the same place as I am, but that doesn't matter because it is always on silent so I wouldn't know if someone was trying to call me or text me. It does have an alarm clock, but the only time I used it, it was still on silent so it didn't wake me up.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Hello. My name is Betty and my phone ...

Oh, who am I trying to kid! I've got an Android phone, and I just came over here to tease you guys!

It's okay, though, because I bet you don't get that sweaty withdrawal feeling when you see that your battery is just a little TOO low to last the day...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
It's okay, though, because I bet you don't get that sweaty withdrawal feeling when you see that your battery is just a little TOO low to last the day...
Hmm, my battery lasts between 2 and 3 weeks. And I often find out after 4 that it's been dead for at least a week... Maybe even longer.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
My name is Abe, and since my main form of communication is the written word, there is no need for a cell phone, just a Crackberry. Talk is for woosies, for those who are too lazy to write. Email is a permanent record of communication (assuming you save it). Voice is an obsolete form of communication, except for face-to-face meetings, or long distance chats between family members or friends. I personally abhor the phone and phone rings. People use phones to (a) interrupt you, (b) tell you about a death or accident, or (c) sell you something via telemarketing. More bad news travels by phone than good news. Enough.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Oh, who am I trying to kid! I've got an Android phone, and I just came over here to tease you guys!

Go Betty Go!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I had a Nokia 6310 for several years the best non smart phone I've ever had. Very sturdy built

my grandpa had something along this line

many years ago. Today he can use a mobile phone but no texting and he thinks they have become to small
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
kennyc

Hey I had a nokia similar to that on for ages! It finally just died and I got a cheap-ass samsung that I used for the last year or so until I got a REAL(tm) phone.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #25
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hello dear friends, my name is Beppe. My phone makes phone calls, receives phone calls, text. The battery lasts 3 days.
It can vibrate
It stays in back pockets, shirt pockets, jacket handkerchief pocket. It came for 29 Euro.

I like texts when the person cannot be reached or when one of us is abroad and calling is a killer.

I would like not to have to use a personal phone over the one of the house and the one of the office, but there is no way around it. Like I read on the bulletin board of the school of little daughter something that my wife and mother of the above creature would like to know right away, so that she can call the school and either complain or congratulate or one of the many things that working mothers like to do to the school of their daughters. And my phone sure comes handy. Like today when a case of chickenpox was discovered at the school. Little daughter has been vaccinated so ...

Or when my train is late and I need to call the stand by babysitter so that she can pick up little daughter at the school that closes at 17:30.

Or when I am late at work, because the train is late and I need to tell the guys that I will be late for the meeting and that we could have the meeting at the restaurant.

My dream would be that I do not need to make calls like these and just mind my business, but it is not so ...
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	60691
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #26
kennyc

Here's a pic of me with my first cell phone.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
What? You can't do that?
I could, we all could if we thought it was important/necessary to do so.........or if we were trying to look "cool".......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hello, my name is dreams. Is there a door down the hall for a, "mostly use my cell phone to make calls and maybe text" support group?

I was really good and turned off the internet browsing. I try to not take pics and beam them and videos over to my phone for viewing (still working on that part ) and I've tried to not "discover" what else it does... I promise
Welcome to "blah blah blah", dreams. Of course, you can join....but we'll be keeping an eye on you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hello, my name is Sweetpea. My phone is made for making phone calls! But it can do more! It can hold its battery for longer than a day! But there is still more! I can even drop it on the floor without it being broken! It will even be able to witstand water! (that last one was very important, considering my last 3 phones died by drowning...)

And I can text with it, which is very handy if I'm on my way to my mother (1500km drive) so I can tell her where I am.
Welcome to "blah blah blah" Sweetpea. I once had my phone "drown" when bottle of water came open in my purse....it was only two weeks old. I took off the cover, let it site for a few days, and voila! It worked again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post

My internet was down the other day. The phone managed to save me with it's Edge/3G .
Lets see I use my phone for:
* Checking RSS-feeds
* Texting
* Twitter
* Podcast
* GPS
* Browsing
* Checking mail
* Playing Chess
* Listening to music
It's a small command-centre

The only thing I miss on my old "Can only make calls/text"-phone was the outstanding battery life.
And are any of these things so important, you can't do without them for a short while? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
My name is TGS, and I have already confessed to having a crap phone. It's a Motorola and usually isn't at the same place as I am, but that doesn't matter because it is always on silent so I wouldn't know if someone was trying to call me or text me. It does have an alarm clock, but the only time I used it, it was still on silent so it didn't wake me up.
You are hereby a confirmed member.

Quote:

Burn the witch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
My name is Abe, and since my main form of communication is the written word, there is no need for a cell phone, just a Crackberry. Talk is for woosies, for those who are too lazy to write. Email is a permanent record of communication (assuming you save it). Voice is an obsolete form of communication, except for face-to-face meetings, or long distance chats between family members or friends. I personally abhor the phone and phone rings. People use phones to (a) interrupt you, (b) tell you about a death or accident, or (c) sell you something via telemarketing. More bad news travels by phone than good news. Enough.
uh......oooookay!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops.......I just realize.......Somehow I made an error in the title description.......this wasn't meant to be serious....it was meant to be a 'fun' thread......I'll try to get it changed.......
Old 11-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #29
kennyc

Whaaaaa??????
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Whaaaaa??????
No, really,........read the first post. Would that fit the description of a 'seriously thoughtful post?