Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
M-EDGE case for Pocket Pro?

I asked this question in the deals and offers thread about M-EDGE, but realised I would probably have a better chance of finding someone who knew the answer in this forum.

I have the bebook mini (so the same hardware as the pocket pro) and I'm using the STYLZ case which I like a lot; however I'm not comfortable carrying it in anything other than a small well packed handbag. Ideally I would like something like a Tuffluv leather cover which entirely encased the device for when I want to throw it in a backpack etc, but failing that I'm interested in either a solid case or a neoprene sleeve with a substantial amount of padding. So I'd like to know whether a case designed for the Sony PRS300 would fit my mini. Unfortunately both M-EDGE and Case logic are very expensive to get delivered to Europe, even if I was certain they would work. M-EDGE’s current offer makes that a bit more reasonable, but it's not a good deal if the case wouldn't work when I got it.

So my question is whether anyone is using either of these two cases for the pocket pro and if so how well they fit and how sturdy they are --
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs300-latitude.psp
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs300-touring.psp
(The latitude jacket looks as if it would be more useful, but it relies on straps across the corner of the device, so the difference in size between the Sony and the bebook might be more critical.)

Any information would be very much appreciated!
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Now i think i need one for my 6" EZ reader... I would go to the office supplies retailers- and see if they have any suitable cases that would fit my device.
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenas View Post
Now i think i need one for my 6" EZ reader... I would go to the office supplies retailers- and see if they have any suitable cases that would fit my device.
Sadly there don't seem to be any bricks and mortar stores over here carrying ereader cases beyond a single leather one for each Sony and there aren't even internet stores offering domestic postage rates. Hence hoping someone on the forum might have an idea about how well some of the American cases would fit.

Alternatively, I am going to visit New York for a few days in April - I'll be based in Midtown Manhatten. Are there any US stores I should visit in the hope of either getting accessories designed for the Pocket Pro or trying out accessories designed for the Sony?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
I asked this question in the deals and offers thread about M-EDGE, but realised I would probably have a better chance of finding someone who knew the answer in this forum.

I have the bebook mini (so the same hardware as the pocket pro) and I'm using the STYLZ case which I like a lot; however I'm not comfortable carrying it in anything other than a small well packed handbag. Ideally I would like something like a Tuffluv leather cover which entirely encased the device for when I want to throw it in a backpack etc, but failing that I'm interested in either a solid case or a neoprene sleeve with a substantial amount of padding. So I'd like to know whether a case designed for the Sony PRS300 would fit my mini. Unfortunately both M-EDGE and Case logic are very expensive to get delivered to Europe, even if I was certain they would work. M-EDGE’s current offer makes that a bit more reasonable, but it's not a good deal if the case wouldn't work when I got it.

So my question is whether anyone is using either of these two cases for the pocket pro and if so how well they fit and how sturdy they are --
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs300-latitude.psp
http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs300-touring.psp
(The latitude jacket looks as if it would be more useful, but it relies on straps across the corner of the device, so the difference in size between the Sony and the bebook might be more critical.)

Any information would be very much appreciated!
I'm using the CaseLogic case for my PEz. It works perfectly for protecting my reader from the sharp bits of life. The reader fits perfectly inside, with just enough space for me to reach in a finger to turn it off or for headphones, but not for both of those at the same time. There is thick foam padding over the screen and sturdy protection on all of the other sides from the pocket it sits in. The cover will fold all the way back, so it's easy to read in the cover. It's also very easy to pop it out of the elastic bands. The outside of the case has not scratched despite a fair amount of abuse. The only thing you lose while it's in the case is the rocker switch on the side. I strongly recommend it for solid protection.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
Storm27
Connoisseur

Thanks!

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. So I'm probably better to try to find one while I'm in the states or at least find a website that will charge me less than the cost of the case again for international postage
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
CCampbell202
CCampbell202 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
What is the model number for your Caselogic?
CCampbell202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
irenas
Zealot
irenas began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ reader
Isn't the cover that comes with the reader good enough for the screen protection?
irenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Yes, the standard case does a great job of screen protection.

Quote:
Isn't the cover that comes with the reader good enough for the screen protection?
Dear Irenas:

Yes, the standard case does a fine job of screen protection. The reason (I think) most people are looking at other cases is more the texture and feel. From what I have seen regarding cases, this all started over looking for a case that feels soft and supple. I may be wrong, but during that discussion someone bropught up the STYLZ case and I bought one to answer forum member concerns. What impressed me about the STYLZ case was that they did not leave out screen protection. I do not know if it is any better on screen protection... but I think the way they did it was pretty ingenious.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Little off topic, but has anyone tried to use the Cover with Light that was made for the Sony 505 for either the 5" or 6" EZ Reader? Did it work?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
My cover was broken on arrival, so I've never used it. Even if I could use it, I'd have wanted something to protect all sides of the reader. I've had too many devices scratched by keys and pens. Also, my current job takes me to Iraq periodically, where they have monster amounts of dust that gets in to everything. There's no way that the original cover would protect against that.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 AM   #11
Storm27
Connoisseur

And then for those of us in Europe, the bebook mini comes without any cover at all, which is why I'm looking for accessories for the PPro.

(I do have the Stylz cover which is very classy and as protective as I think you're going to get with a wrap around leather cover, but it's not sturdy enough for some of the things I want to do with it)