Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
New to E-readers and Mobileread

Hi everyone, I have already posted a few times in other areas of this site, but figured I would formally introduce myself.

The name is Kelly, married for 23 years, father of 6 and currently an active duty Naval Officer... hence the handle.

I have never owned an E-reader before and am looking forward to getting the Kindle 2 in the two weeks.

I am a voracious reader. I like History, Historical Biographies, Political and Military topics for my heavy reading. For the lighter stuff, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

I look forward to learning a lot over the next couple months.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, NavyDad6!

Thank you for your service to our country.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome Kelly.

Since you like SF and Fantasy, get yourself right over to Baen's website and check out the huge list of free books they are giving away. Yeah, many of them are first in a series, but you just hop to the WebScription site where you can buy the sequels. Their monthly "WebScription" bundles and other bundles bring the price down to somewhere around $3 apiece. And, since a lot of their SF is kind-of military (I call it "Navy in space" stories) you may find their books very delightful.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Elsi-

Thanks, that is a great site. Bookmarked and ready to go when I get my Kindle 2.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote