Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, you assume correct.

When you do bulk download/update of metadata it might be worth the risk to have metadata.db on a RAM drive for a short while? With proper backup, of course.

I actually mount my temp folder /tmp on a RAM drive. It seems to speed up book conversions, saves and send to disc and other things quite a bit. I assume it is because the changes to the books are made there before the books are copied to the destination.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote