Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
hidalgo1301
hidalgo1301 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Does anyone have any pics from coverwork to a blue prs...I recently purchased one and would love to personalize it. Thanks.
hidalgo1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
I looked around a bit on etsy, and I was surprised no one was selling anything in the way of a cover or carrying case for the Sony. Either that, or I wasn't searching for the right thing! If anyone sees anything, maybe they can give us a 'heads up'.
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #18
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Case for reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
I looked around a bit on etsy, and I was surprised no one was selling anything in the way of a cover or carrying case for the Sony. Either that, or I wasn't searching for the right thing! If anyone sees anything, maybe they can give us a 'heads up'.
Kathy
I posted this on another thread here, but the Vera Bradley Mini Hipster fits the reader like it was made for it. I carry the reader in the main compartment, a pair of headphones in the zipper pouch on the front flap, and my iPod Nano and a mini LightWedge in the back slip-in sleeve. It has a long strap that can be worn cross-body. Of course, men won't like it, and not all women, but it's a great carrying case for the reader.

Last edited by JanetCinNC; 02-19-2008 at 07:03 PM.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I like the functionality of the brown cover that comes with the reader, but I thought it was a little plain. I wanted to decorate the cover to make it a little "prettier" and to make it easier to tell which is the front cover when I'm opening it. I found a design I liked, cut it out as a stencil, then applied it with brown Sharpies. I'll try to attach a picture of the result.

The Sharpie seems to be holding up well on the cover. It's not fading or rubbing off with handling.
OMG!! I love it!

You are very talented. It looks professional. I would never try something like this. I would ruin my cover. I am envious!
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I posted this on another thread here, but the Vera Bradley Mini Hipster fits the reader like it was made for it. I carry the reader in the main compartment, a pair of headphones in the zipper pouch on the front flap, and my iPod Nano and a mini LightWedge in the back slip-in sleeve. It has a long strap that can be worn cross-body. Of course, men won't like it, and not all women, but it's a great carrying case for the reader.
I love Vera Bradley. I would have never thought of using something like a hipster. If I get tired of the leather case I'll get a Vera.

You are very informative. I appreciate your posts. Always very helpful.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWoman View Post
I love Vera Bradley. I would have never thought of using something like a hipster. If I get tired of the leather case I'll get a Vera.

You are very informative. I appreciate your posts. Always very helpful.

Thanks, GypsyWoman. To do the design, I just found a simple design and cut a stencil out using it. It was fairly simple to then color in the lines with a Sharpie.

The Vera Bradley mini hipster fits the book with its original cover like it was made for it. I use the mini hipster to make it easier to carry around my reader and protect it from rain, etc. I normally carry a tiny purse, so I can't just throw the reader in with my normal stuff.

Vera Bradley just retired 4 new colors, so those colors are on sale at 25% off. If you go to their website, they actually have some older retired colors at about 40% off, I think.

Edited to add: I don't know if the reader in any other cover would fit in the mini hipster. When I thought about trying it out, I just took my reader to the store with me. I told the clerk I wanted to see if the reader would fit so they would know what I was up to before trying it.

Last edited by JanetCinNC; 05-29-2008 at 09:41 PM.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #22
GypsyWoman
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks, GypsyWoman. To do the design, I just found a simple design and cut a stencil out using it. It was fairly simple to then color in the lines with a Sharpie.

Vera Bradley just retired 4 new colors, so those colors are on sale at 25% off. If you go to their website, they actually have some older retired colors at about 40% off, I think.

Edited to add: I don't know if the reader in any other cover would fit in the mini hipster. When I thought about trying it out, I just took my reader to the store with me. I told the clerk I wanted to see if the reader would fit so they would know what I was up to before trying it.
Retired colors sound like a good deal to me. I'll hop over to the site and check them out.

I still don't think I could stencil a design on anything with a sharpie. Very impressive to me.