Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-02-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
Pipster
Pipster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and iPad
Magazine PDF Files

Hi

Firstly, I do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong sub forum. I've never used this forum and joined today because of a problem I'm currently having with a magazine subscription I have and pay for. I have had the subscription since 2013.

The magazine is Total Guitar and my subscription is through magazinesdirect.com the digital version I read on my iPad through an app called Total Guitar that I have downloaded from the iOS App Store.

All my back issues, going back to 2013 are currently in the app for me to download to my iPad and read. Problem I have is they are soon deleting the back issues. I really don't want to lose them and would like to keep them all even if it means having to store them myself.

After speaking to future publishing they are saying that I will lose access to them once they are deleted. I will still have access to the back issues that remain and will only lose access the ones that are being deleted.

I can't find anywhere on my iPad where they are stored so I can copy them over to a storage device or even just on to my PC. I've even asked the company if I pay an extra amount can I please keep them. This is despite already paying for them since 2013.

Can anyone help of how I can save these back issues?
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #2
MicroDrie
Connoisseur
MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, Linux Mint, Tablet, and Telephone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster View Post
Hi

Firstly, I do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong sub forum. I've never used this forum and joined today because of a problem I'm currently having with a magazine subscription I have and pay for. I have had the subscription since 2013.

The magazine is Total Guitar and my subscription is through magazinesdirect.com the digital version I read on my iPad through an app called Total Guitar that I have downloaded from the iOS App Store.

All my back issues, going back to 2013 are currently in the app for me to download to my iPad and read. Problem I have is they are soon deleting the back issues. I really don't want to lose them and would like to keep them all even if it means having to store them myself.

After speaking to future publishing they are saying that I will lose access to them once they are deleted. I will still have access to the back issues that remain and will only lose access the ones that are being deleted.

I can't find anywhere on my iPad where they are stored so I can copy them over to a storage device or even just on to my PC. I've even asked the company if I pay an extra amount can I please keep them. This is despite already paying for them since 2013.

Can anyone help of how I can save these back issues?
If you can print from the app, you could try printing the magazine to a PDF.

I'm no Apple expert, but you can print to a PDF from iOS 10. The instructions can be found here: How do I print to PDF on my ipad. Don't forget to set to 'Fit-to-Scale' via the advanced print options.
MicroDrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #3
Pipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroDrie View Post
If you can print from the app, you could try printing the magazine to a PDF.

I'm no Apple expert, but you can print to a PDF from iOS 10. The instructions can be found here: How do I print to PDF on my ipad. Don't forget to set to 'Fit-to-Scale' via the advanced print options.
Thanks for the reply. It does allow me to print a single page but only to an actual printer. You cannot change the option to print to file. Just annoying when you’ve collected something for so long and then it’s to be taken away.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It does allow me to print a single page but only to an actual printer. You cannot change the option to print to file. Just annoying when you’ve collected something for so long and then it’s to be taken away.
Did you go to the link and read the directions? When you do the "pinch" while in the print window, the item is made into a PDF automatically. From there you use the Share button and save to Files.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:11 AM   #5
Pipster

How do I go to the link? I don’t know what the pinch is?

All of the magazines are in an app called Total Guitar. I can download them and read them offline but once they have been deleted by the company I won’t be able too.

I’ll see if I can record the screen and upload it to YouTube to show you.
Advert
Old 09-03-2021, 01:37 AM   #6
Pipster

Here is a screen recording from my iPhone.There are also a couple of magazines from 2009 but the ones I have full years and not missing any is from 2012.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:11 AM   #7
MicroDrie
Connoisseur
MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MicroDrie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In that case, you must first install a PDF printer before printing. This free version seems like what you are looking for: IOS PDF Printer
It also offers the possibility of cutting and editing.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:04 AM   #8
Pipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroDrie View Post
In that case, you must first install a PDF printer before printing. This free version seems like what you are looking for: IOS PDF Printer
It also offers the possibility of cutting and editing.
Sorry if I am being thick. I've downloaded the app you mention but when loading the Magazine app up and then the magazine in question and click on Print I don't have an option to use the new app you have linked too.

I know it's probably me not doing it right?

I do appreciate this help
Old 09-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #9
MicroDrie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry if I am being thick. I've downloaded the app you mention but when loading the Magazine app up and then the magazine in question and click on Print I don't have an option to use the new app you have linked too.

I know it's probably me not doing it right?

I do appreciate this help
Let start with first thing first: If you install the PDF printer, can you see this printer, and secondly can you print to it from a "normal" program which can print to other install printers? Perhaps there is a read me to help you to use this printer. If you can print to it, then you can try to use it in your app