Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-07-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
vurt
Enthusiast
vurt began at the beginning.

Device: KV
HELP! KOReader renders over camera hole

Let me start with apologizing because this might be totally my own fault!

I use KOReader on Pixel 7 Pro which has the front camera hole.

KOReader renders text over the camera hole, which means the letters are "cut off" by the hole.

Is this the normal behavior?

I don't remember if I did something that cause this.

Because previously the camera hole was messing up KOReader's bottom menu until recently. I think I followed some of the workarounds from the github thread.

Now I'm trying to remember if having the text cut off by the camera hole is the normal behavior or it's caused by something I did!

I've looked at Developer options > Display cutout, it's set to Device default.

Is there any setting in KOReader that tells it to render text below the camera hole?

Again, very sorry if this sounds vague, basically I have the memory of a gold fish.

vurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:26 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I use KOReader on Pixel 7 Pro which has the front camera hole.

KOReader renders text over the camera hole, which means the letters are "cut off" by the hole.

Is this the normal behavior?

Nope.

Quote:

I don't remember if I did something that cause this.

Because previously the camera hole was messing up KOReader's bottom menu. I think I followed some of the workarounds from the github thread.

Android 13 devices don't report the size of the camera notch. So a fix was needed to make the devices behave correctly. As you said the sympthom was that bottom menu wasn't visible (by the offset of the pixels of the camera on your device)

The fix was merged before v2023.05

Quote:

Is there any setting in KOReader that tells it to render text below the camera hole?
Nope.

It looks like you did something outside KOReader to workaround the bug, because workarounds inside KOReader just substract a given number of pixels from the screen size.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #3
vurt
Enthusiast
vurt began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Thank you for confirming. Yeah I followed that bug and saw that it's fixed. Which got me into this mode of trying to undo what I did to workaround the bug.

Except I can't remember what I did except to play with the Display cutout option in Developer Options.

Urgh! This is frustrating.

Would you know if there's an Android setting to ignore the camera hole when rendering?

Last edited by vurt; 06-07-2023 at 04:47 PM.
vurt is offline   Reply With Quote