Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
lukeyboy
lukeyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Request : Kobo Nia (N306) SD Image

Hello There! I've been modding around with my Nia, and i've decided I want to make a backup sd card that I can use to restart. As the naive user I am, I did not think to back up a image of the original setup (lucky I did not brick my device). Now I'm stuck.

TL;DR:
If any rare person who has a Kobo Nia SD image could send me one, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
PinchAus
PinchAus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
I purchased a second hand N306 and have the same issue. The software appears to be corrupt. I have opened it and it has a microsd card (16gb though the unit is only 8gb) and it has 15 written on the sd card in blue pen.

SD card appears to work in my computer but the Kobo won't boot.

When googling the problem it said I needed a new software image.

Hoping for help
Old 05-28-2023, 12:31 PM   #3
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Hello welcome
In other thread, there was a guy named TeaBot who wen't to the InkBox discord server to request from me the image. I did it only because he promised he would post it here...

Anyway, grab it:
https://mega.nz/file/NyhDkIjK#_inHpI...xY74N0OjZ7MuGk

And some notes:
- Download it and re-upload it somewhere else, then post it. I can't promise this mega file will hold long.
- This is for the Nia A variant, not C. loook here: https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/inkbox/issues/47
- 3 year old software is there, no updates
- serial number was changed
- You could just install InkBox OS instead of waiting for me to get the will to post this on this ugly forum ;p
Old 09-28-2023, 05:53 PM   #4
darky_mtp
darky_mtp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
You saved my Nia, thanks !
(I had to replace the faulty uSD)
Closed Thread