Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Official kindle oasis 2 cases

Does anyone know where I can purchase one of the official kindle oasis 2 cases in the uk? They are not being sold on amazon.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Completely gone all over Europe. Amazon told me a couple of weeks ago that they cannot tell me what the deal is and that they cannot confirm if and when they are coming back.
Possible in my opinion that the problem with the magnets is actually on the Oasis side and that they need to come up with something else first...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I doubt they come back. The covers work as intended, but expectations differ. My charcoal cover is great, the only negative is that the magnets attract dirt which I am not sure how to remove. Dirt is probably the wrong word - it is very fine black metal dust. The cover stays on very secure for transport, the stand works.

It is still very easy to remove for reading without cover. And that is exactly the reason I don't trust to hold the cover only and expect the Oasis to stay in place while shaking or picking up.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
The amazon flagship without original cover? I do not think they give up or I hope so. I really like that design.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
The covers work as intended, but expectations differ.
If that were all, Amazon would have made a site explaining the cover like they did with the first Paperwhite when people were sending it back in troves because of aberrations in lighting and the screen not being as white as advertised.
However, I also doubt they are coming back (which is a shame because I really want one)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 05:32 AM   #6
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I’ve had to purchase a third party case. This is my 6th kindle and it’s the only one I haven’t had the official cover for. Can’t even find one on eBay.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
My charcoal cover is great, the only negative is that the magnets attract dirt which I am not sure how to remove. Dirt is probably the wrong word - it is very fine black metal dust.
Iron filings or micrometeorites. The desert sand in southeast New Mexico is full of them. Probably elsewhere as well, but that is the only place that I have dragged a magnet in the sand.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #8
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
If that were all, Amazon would have made a site explaining the cover like they did with the first Paperwhite when people were sending it back in troves because of aberrations in lighting and the screen not being as white as advertised.
However, I also doubt they are coming back (which is a shame because I really want one)
I do think they will put it on sale again. if not because they keep it on the web? note that the used case is becoming more expensive.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I wish I had snatched another one up when they dropped them in price for like a day before they were totally gone. So I would have a backup.

My tan leather one works as its suppose to and I am glad I have it. There are no other options for covers, not for how I use it. None of the 3rd party ones are easy to remove for reading. I don't want or need anything bulky to cover the whole back.

I am just so glad I didn't waffle with the decision which color of the cover to get for too long. Or I would not have one now.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:
—-The covers work as intended, but expectations differ. —- The cover stays on very secure for transport, the stand works.

It is still very easy to remove for reading without cover. And that is exactly the reason I don't trust to hold the cover only and expect the Oasis to stay in place while shaking or picking up.
I totally agree, and love my cover
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #11
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I wish I had snatched another one up when they dropped them in price for like a day before they were totally gone. So I would have a backup.

My tan leather one works as its suppose to and I am glad I have it. There are no other options for covers, not for how I use it. None of the 3rd party ones are easy to remove for reading. I don't want or need anything bulky to cover the whole back.

I am just so glad I didn't waffle with the decision which color of the cover to get for too long. Or I would not have one now.
"Easy to remove" is the key to me. And only the amazon design gives you that.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #12
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I returned my Oasis 2 because of uneven lighting and poor contrast compared to my Voyage.
However I loved the Merlot case that I ordered with it and was sorry to return it. It was beautiful and worked perfectly. No problem with the magnets at all. I wish they made a Merlot case for the Voyage.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
"Easy to remove" is the key to me. And only the amazon design gives you that.
any reason why other manufactures are not producing this design? is it because amazon has a patent on it?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #14
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Amazon's Replacement?

Just saw this on Amazon...it show's up under the Kindle Oasis 2 configuration page. I wonder if this is their replacement to the original fabric/leather origami cases?
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...f=kfg_acblk_lm
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
Pamelala
Pamelala began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro, Kindle Oasis 2
I don't think so...
"CaseBot, a premium series brought to you by Fintie!"
Pamelala is offline   Reply With Quote