Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Unhappy Where is the love for the Non-KSO owners?

I keep seeing the post for deals the KSO owners are getting and I'm starting to feel a little left out. I bought the Kindle 3G when there was not KSO model and I love it but I would like to enjoy some of the great deals the KSO owners are being offered. Not to sound snobbish or anything but I paid for the premium model of the Kindle and think I deserve any special offers that might be available. I'm even a Prime member, where is the Amazon love for those of us that paid full price for the Kindle 3? Anyone else feeling left out?
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
You could do what I did. Purchase Kindle with Special Offers in addition to your regular K3.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I have a UK Kindle -- no SO for us.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
You could do what I did. Purchase Kindle with Special Offers in addition to your regular K3.
I have no need for an extra Kindle. I already paid for the top of the line model they offer, it would be silly to buy another for offers to buy more stuff from them.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not feeling left out at all. The price to qualify for those special offers is too expensive for my taste.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm a touch disappointed, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Buy the KSO for $114 and with every purchase you save. Over time the ammounts add up. Save $114 free kindle. Any saveings over $114 free money.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
I keep seeing the post for deals the KSO owners are getting and I'm starting to feel a little left out. I bought the Kindle 3G when there was not KSO model and I love it but I would like to enjoy some of the great deals the KSO owners are being offered. Not to sound snobbish or anything but I paid for the premium model of the Kindle and think I deserve any special offers that might be available. I'm even a Prime member, where is the Amazon love for those of us that paid full price for the Kindle 3? Anyone else feeling left out?
Personally, I think Amazon should allow an opt in for non-KSO models. It's only fair.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not feeling left out at all.
Neither am I. I chose not to get the KSO and am happy with the decision.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
Shack70
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Personally, I think Amazon should allow an opt in for non-KSO models. It's only fair.
That would be great if they would do it
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'll trade~ haha
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Buy the KSO for $114 and with every purchase you save. Over time the ammounts add up. Save $114 free kindle. Any saveings over $114 free money.
Yeah - I saved the cost of the KSO very early on, many times over. The grocery offer alone easily paid for it (and a second one, to get another coupon code for more free money).

Now, though, the offers are dropping a bit in frequency and allure, plus they started blocking getting a second offer on the same account. Time to register an account for a spouse or kid, to get the second offer code on some of these.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Now, though, the offers are dropping a bit in frequency and allure
This. I'm not sorry I got my KSO by any means, however, the "Buick", "Visa" and "Oil of Olay" type ads are a little tacky/irritating.

However, I did save hundreds on the 50% off groceries coupon code, and I do take advantage of the offers fairly regularly (maybe 1 in 5?) so I put up with the ads. The full kindles feel more classy, if that's worth anything to you.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
This. I'm not sorry I got my KSO by any means, however, the "Buick", "Visa" and "Oil of Olay" type ads are a little tacky/irritating.

However, I did save hundreds on the 50% off groceries coupon code, and I do take advantage of the offers fairly regularly (maybe 1 in 5?) so I put up with the ads. The full kindles feel more classy, if that's worth anything to you.
LOL! I read on an original K3/3G. I use the KSO to send all the "free" books to and for the offers. Otherwise, I don't open it up or read on it (although it's there as a backup).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Now, though, the offers are dropping a bit in frequency and allure, plus they started blocking getting a second offer on the same account. Time to register an account for a spouse or kid, to get the second offer code on some of these.
Haha. I noticed that some of the offers haven't been THAT great the last few weeks. But, I'm hoping for a killer holiday season with offers. I imagine that Amazon will probably do something fairly sweet within the next couple months.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote