Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Oasis 2017 holes in collections

Hello,
I have just bought a new Kindle Oasis 2017 and I was trying to move all my ebooks and collections bought from Amazon on this new device.
I have more than 1.000 books to move and the first problem was that not all covers showed up, but I am solving this issue manually by deleting the book from the device and reloading it again. It is not painless, but it can slowly be done.
What is more worrying for me is that some of my collections have "holes". These holes show up like in the attached pic
And adding to that, sometimes if I re-load an ebook in one collection, and move to another collection without waiting for the book to load completely, the loaded ebook may appear also in another collection.
Some of these problems disappear when I do a restart, but not always.
Does anybody ever met the same problem ?
Bruno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	161339  
brudigia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Hello,
I have just bought a new Kindle Oasis 2017 and I was trying to move all my ebooks and collections bought from Amazon on this new device.
I have more than 1.000 books to move and the first problem was that not all covers showed up, but I am solving this issue manually by deleting the book from the device and reloading it again. It is not painless, but it can slowly be done.
What is more worrying for me is that some of my collections have "holes". These holes show up like in the attached pic
And adding to that, sometimes if I re-load an ebook in one collection, and move to another collection without waiting for the book to load completely, the loaded ebook may appear also in another collection.
Some of these problems disappear when I do a restart, but not always.
Does anybody ever met the same problem ?
Bruno
Yes, I have had the "hole" issue, especially when downloading a load of books. Not sure why but it has only occurred occasionally.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You may be confusing 'ALL' with 'DOWNLOADED'.

I do, however, see the 'hole' between the first and second book, if that's what you're referring to.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Have you waited overnight or so? It does take some time to update with loads of books. Sometimes restart helps, but usually just leave it overnight
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Have you waited overnight or so? It does take some time to update with loads of books. Sometimes restart helps, but usually just leave it overnight
And leave it plugged in to a wall charger as well as it could run out of power dealing with so many eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You may be confusing 'ALL' with 'DOWNLOADED'.

I do, however, see the 'hole' between the first and second book, if that's what you're referring to.
Thanks. I kept the ALL because I was trying to download the books to get the cover .
The pic is one example, that particular collection actually has other holes, because there are other books in a second page.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:48 AM   #7
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And leave it plugged in to a wall charger as well as it could run out of power dealing with so many eBooks.
Will try, thanks. Though, the indexing apparently is finished.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My Oasis took a couple of days before all my stuff was as it should be. Most all my stuff is straight from amazon, but I have 45 collections and over 3000 books. Then it also got an update and I pushed 200 books onto it. Needless to say, I had to just plug it in and do its thing. Eventually things worked itself out.

Besides the indexing, does it have to do other stuff behind the scenes? Building the cloud, getting the update ready, etc. I don't know, but it sure was find after a couple of days. It was even lagging at some stuff before that.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote