Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #331
Pendragn
Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.

Device: None
I've been swamped with work lately and haven't had time to read much (horrible, I know!). I'll play with it over the weekend and see if I'm still encountering problems. Thanks!
Pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #332
Ralob
Connoisseur
Ralob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2, PW4
Hi! I just bought the app and it is very well done. However, I do find the black borders added to the "modern scroll" to be rather distracting and somewhat limiting of the screen space. It especially looks odd with custom themes. Is this a bug or by design?

Thanks for coding such an awesome app!
Ralob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #333
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
@Ralob - Thanks for your feedback!

The black strips on the left and the right of "modern scroll" view are supposed to represent empty space, as a "traditional scroll" is wider at the top and the bottom.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #334
Ralob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
@Ralob - Thanks for your feedback!

The black strips on the left and the right of "modern scroll" view are supposed to represent empty space, as a "traditional scroll" is wider at the top and the bottom.
Ah, I see. I admit I don't use "modern scroll" despite getting the app for scrolling as its appearance is unusual enough to break immersion from a book. A more traditional scroll would definitely be welcomed (similar to iBooks) but the app is very functional regardless. I certainly expect to keep using it in the near future.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #335
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
Ah, I see. I admit I don't use "modern scroll" despite getting the app for scrolling as its appearance is unusual enough to break immersion from a book. A more traditional scroll would definitely be welcomed (similar to iBooks) but the app is very functional regardless. I certainly expect to keep using it in the near future.
Thanks. We'll look into this feature request.

BTW, from your previous posts, it seems that you should be very interested in importing your own font files for reading. Any comment about your related experience with MapleRead?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #336
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
BTW, from your previous posts, it seems that you should be very interested in importing your own font files for reading. Any comment about your related experience with MapleRead?
Being able to use the fonts of our choice is a very good thing to implement.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #337
Ralob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks. We'll look into this feature request.

I very much appreciate being able to use my own fonts; it makes the experience much more rich and enjoyable. Thank you for giving us readers the ability to tweak a lot of the visual interface for books.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #338
sbaylor
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
I very much appreciate being able to use my own fonts; it makes the experience much more rich and enjoyable. Thank you for giving us readers the ability to tweak a lot of the visual interface for books.
Prefer importing your own font files via PC (Wi-Fi) Upload solution offered by MapleRead over various importing via iTunes (USB) solutions offered by other apps?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #339
Ralob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Prefer importing your own font files via PC (Wi-Fi) Upload solution offered by MapleRead over various importing via iTunes (USB) solutions offered by other apps?
I think the Wi-Fi Upload solution is far more convenient than the iTunes method, especially as I run Linux and have to boot into my Windows partition or a virtual machine to use iTunes. Both work great, but the Wi-Fi solution is definitely preferred.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #340
dmuma
dmuma began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad mini 4 and Iphone 6
creating user defined sets

Hello,

Hope this post does not duplicate something already here. I searched but did not find. Trying to find out how to create user defined sets. I have created a new set called Jeff Carson but do not know how to assign my Jeff Carson books to this set. I have tried from ungrouped and allbooks but do not see anywhere to assign. Also is there somewhere to go to get a complete list of instructions for this app. Many features not covered online. I am using Mapleread CE and CX for ipad and iphone.

Thanks
dmuma
dmuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 PM   #341
sbaylor
Addict

User-defined book sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmuma View Post
Hello,

Hope this post does not duplicate something already here. I searched but did not find. Trying to find out how to create user defined sets. I have created a new set called Jeff Carson but do not know how to assign my Jeff Carson books to this set. I have tried from ungrouped and allbooks but do not see anywhere to assign. Also is there somewhere to go to get a complete list of instructions for this app. Many features not covered online. I am using Mapleread CE and CX for ipad and iphone.

Thanks
dmuma
Please take a look at the in-app Help and the online FAQ webpage:
- How to create a user-defined book set?
- How to move (copy) books from one book set to another?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #342
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks interesting.

1. Does it permit transferring of bookmarks from an i-device to the Mac?!

2. Does it have local syncing -- i.e., not via the cloud or 3rd party server?

3. Does it permit transferring bookmarks from an iPhone to an iPad (and vice-versa) or from one version of MapleRead to another?!

4. Can you use different versions of MR on the same device?!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #343
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
I'd always prefer that the ereader software just access the on-board fonts. There are some apps which allow import of fonts for use of the entire system, including ereaders, if their developers allow system font access.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #344
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'd always prefer that the ereader software just access the on-board fonts. There are some apps which allow import of fonts for use of the entire system, including ereaders, if their developers allow system font access.
Yes, there are such apps, but I have yet to find one that allows me to use a font display name other than the font name encoded in the font file itself. This capability is especially useful for non western fonts. MapleRead's font import tool does a good job in this aspect. Well, perhaps they should generalize this feature and make it a separate app!?
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #345
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Looks interesting.

1. Does it permit transferring of bookmarks from an i-device to the Mac?!

2. Does it have local syncing -- i.e., not via the cloud or 3rd party server?

3. Does it permit transferring bookmarks from an iPhone to an iPad (and vice-versa) or from one version of MapleRead to another?!

4. Can you use different versions of MR on the same device?!
1. Yes, bookmarks are part of the sync data. (This is similar to what most ereaders do, such as iBooks and Kindle. They don't export bookmark files per se for external use.)

2. I am not aware of any "sync" solution for any app that does not involve some sort of cloud/server. Perhaps you have a different concept of what is to be synced?

3. Yes, by MR's sync. That's what I use regularly between my CX (iPhone) and SE (iPad).

4. Yes. CX can run on iPhone and iPad; CE and SE can run on iPad.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread