Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #106
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yup .... told ya so .... they used the exact same EULA for all of their products ... regardless of whether all the terms applied.

I sort of figured that was the case. However, I now wonder if they will allow users to create themes and skins for Chrome. Maybe not.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #107
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
This is one problem I can see with this kind of content author-driven search service. Another is that this really only distributes the caching problem even more widely.
I think there actually never was a "caching problem"... It got mixed up, and misused used as a weapon for the core problem, which is "google is getting to powerfull". Nobody ever (in this thread) complained that a real caching proxy defied his copyright, only he doesn't want specifically google to cache it. I doubt they had problems of a real opensource solution search engine to cache data...
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #108
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That's the Google attitude: we will scan, search, index and cache whatever we want, however we want, and you have to sue us if you don't like it.
Well actually I love google book search. And I even bought one or two books already I found on book search. I mean just for academic world, it is a dream you can make a full text search of the whole "gutenberg galaxy" (that is all books written by mankind). To some degree copyright has not to defy usefullness. I mean, they show not the whole book only excerpts of what you searched. You need to buy the book if you want to see more. So whats the problem again?

About putting stuff on the internet. Yes you *are* publishing something when you upload it on a http server. And this does include that you have to provide a little more work, if you have any specific use-limitation of the content in mind which does not accord to the mediums default. Caching is the mediums default on the web.

You could as well get a TV show, and then complain about all the people who record it on the VCR. And of course you complain a lot about the TV-magazines, which do actually nothing but indexed TV-shows and they make advertisment! Directly next to a picture taken from your show! Evil, evil, evil...
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #109
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
chrome is good, very good, almost greaat and i love the name

now to polish the browser on my '55 chevy
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #110
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I go along with Harry as about one-half of my customers come to me through the Internet and any of these are through Google AdWords clicks.

As for Chrome itself, it is a delightful implementation. Faster than either IE or FF3 and the integrated single bar on the top makes the finding of websites very easy.

From a mercenary point of view I love it because it will inspire greater advances in browsers. Competition was what made IE as good as it is today -- first from Netscape and later from Firefox. Now with a three-way battle they all can only get better. We win no matter who leads in the browser wars.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #111
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
chrome is good, very good, almost greaat and i love the name

now to polish the browser on my '55 chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I go along with Harry as about one-half of my customers come to me through the Internet and any of these are through Google AdWords clicks.

As for Chrome itself, it is a delightful implementation. Faster than either IE or FF3 and the integrated single bar on the top makes the finding of websites very easy.

From a mercenary point of view I love it because it will inspire greater advances in browsers. Competition was what made IE as good as it is today -- first from Netscape and later from Firefox. Now with a three-way battle they all can only get better. We win no matter who leads in the browser wars.
I like it a lot so far, however, I wish there was a way to make having the tabs at the top optional. I use toolbars for my apps, and unfortunately, about half the time I go to select a tab, I end up brining down the toolbar on that screen and accidentally firing up an app.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #112
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'll wait until NoScript is available, otherwise I'm really impressed with Chrome.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote