Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-31-2021, 11:31 AM   #1156
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblasphemy View Post
Not sure if others have seen this, but I could not get the Kindle App on Android to see KFX files unless I placed them in Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files instead of Books, Documents, or any other folder the app had access to.
Those other folders work for me.

I will add a note to the documentation to also try that alternate location.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:03 PM   #1157
thewithz
thewithz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalmazuz View Post
I had a similar problem with wine 6.22 and 6.23 but it seems to be fixed with wine 7.0-rc1
I used KFX output 1.58 and kindle previewer 3.60 on Ubuntu 20.04
So is this plugin confirmed not working with wine 6.23 on linux? I couldn't get it to work either.
thewithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM   #1158
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewithz View Post
So is this plugin confirmed not working with wine 6.23 on linux? I couldn't get it to work either.
It seems so. I don't use Linux myself so I rely on the reports of others.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #1159
thewithz
thewithz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Ok, it does seem to be the case that wine 7.0 is required. I have it working now with this configuration
Gentoo 5.15.12
Calibre 5.33.2
KFX Output 1.58.0
wine-7.0-rc4
Kindle Previewer 3.60
thewithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #1160
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for reporting!
Advert
Old 01-07-2022, 02:12 PM   #1161
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Hi,

i have a curiosity about hyphens. I see there are dedicated plugins to create hyphens but as i can see after i convert and sideload my epubs to my Kindle Paperwhite my ebooks already have hyphens.

So this plugin can add them?

No idea if they are already present in the epubs. Do not know how to check.
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #1162
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Hi,

i have a curiosity about hyphens. I see there are dedicated plugins to create hyphens but as i can see after i convert and sideload my epubs to my Kindle Paperwhite my ebooks already have hyphens.

So this plugin can add them?

No idea if they are already present in the epubs. Do not know how to check.
With KFX format hyphenation is performed by the Kindle reader based on built in hyphenation dictionaries. This plugin does not add hyphens.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:20 AM   #1163
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
With KFX format hyphenation is performed by the Kindle reader based on built in hyphenation dictionaries. This plugin does not add hyphens.
Thanks!

When you say "built in hyphenation dictionaries" you mean that these dictionaries are different from the ones the user downloads on its own? I mean i could incur in issues deleting let's say all my downloaded dictionaries?
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #1164
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Thanks!

When you say "built in hyphenation dictionaries" you mean that these dictionaries are different from the ones the user downloads on its own? I mean i could incur in issues deleting let's say all my downloaded dictionaries?
The hyphenation dictionaries are built in to the Kindle firmware. You can’t download or delete them.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:30 AM   #1165
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon has released Kindle Previewer version 3.61.0. It is compatible with the current release of this plugin.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:15 PM   #1166
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
Hello. I also have "External resource e6 has unknown mime type" with some books.

However, I find that if I open the epub in the Kindle Previewer directly, save the .kpf file, run
Code:
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- input.kpf output.kfx
, then it converted without any problem.

So I am thinking that maybe it has something to do with preprocessing done by calibre. Any idea?
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #1167
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
Hello. I also have "External resource e6 has unknown mime type" with some books.
Is that the entire error message? It would help to see the entire conversion log.

Quote:
So I am thinking that maybe it has something to do with preprocessing done by calibre. Any idea?
That seems likely. But it is hard to know for sure without more information.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:23 PM   #1168
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Is that the entire error message? It would help to see the entire conversion log.

That seems likely. But it is hard to know for sure without more information.
I put the entire log up here : https://pastebin.com/d0V10giG (hope this doesn't violate the rule). The book in question is not in public domain.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:21 PM   #1169
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just curious about the need to replace the book title (and chapters) by REDACTED?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:44 PM   #1170
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I put the entire log up here : https://pastebin.com/d0V10giG (hope this doesn't violate the rule). The book in question is not in public domain.
Thanks for supplying the log. There is no problem with posting that here since you are not asking for assistance with DRM removal.

It appears that the Kindle Previewer is emitting an empty mime type field for the cover image which is something that I have not encountered before. It may be a difference with how it works under MacOS vs. Windows. I will change the KFX Output plugin so that it will not fail in this case.

The change will be in the next plugin release which I plan to have out sometime in the next week. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine