Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
jvik
jvik began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
n2a card memory usage

I've got a 32G n2a card in a nook hd+. It works great in general. I suspect I might not have something set up correctly. The storage report lists 4.92G, of which the vast majority is used by apps and data. It appears that it is keeping all of my apps in memory all of the time. Is this correct? Sort of makes the 20 some gig free on the card useless...

Thanks for your help!
jvik
jvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvik View Post
I've got a 32G n2a card in a nook hd+. It works great in general. I suspect I might not have something set up correctly. The storage report lists 4.92G, of which the vast majority is used by apps and data. It appears that it is keeping all of my apps in memory all of the time. Is this correct? Sort of makes the 20 some gig free on the card useless...
I'm not sure how much help I'm really going to be since I'm neither an Android nor an N2A expert. But a couple of things occur to me.

First, N2A makes setups for each size card. When I bought mine I bought the 32 gig version. Is it possible you bought the 8 gig version? That might give the results you indicate.

Also, Android divides it's storage into app storage and user storage, or something like that. I forget the exact names. I wonder if you're looking at just app storage and not user storage.

I haven't used N2A for a year or so so I'm not really sure how well I remember any of this. I liked it better than the HD+ OS but I had a lot of little problems with it so I abandoned it. Nothing serious. Just little things and I don't recall just what they were. But all in all it was a pretty nice system when it worked properly.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert