Notices

Old 05-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #91
meskio
meskio began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
KOreader in the Nook Glowlight Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Is here anyone with Nook Glowlight Plus?
Is the latest nightly build of KOreader working properly?
I have the Nook Glowlight Pus. The latest nightly release (koreader-nightly-20160513) seems to work fine. I did try around a week ago the stable release and other nightly builds and all of them did fail.

I need to test it more to see if everything is fine, but looks good now. I'm happy to have a proper epub/pdf client now in my Nook.
meskio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:14 AM   #92
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Just tried the latest today, after a rough start (stuck scanning the filesystem?) started on a regular tablet. Planning to use it on a T61 (Android with eInk). It's promising, however my main interest is with quality formatted epubs with proper embedded styles and it seems CoolReader heritage is coming through. The first book to load revealed that certain funny properties are present in the default epub.css file (supplied by KOReader) that are hard to override by embedded styles (like extra pagebreaks around h1 and h2 tags).

I didn't try what the case is with a custom css file, because that won't help the embedded styles (unless I use the stylesheet extracted from the book itself).

Still, thumbs up, keep up the good job!

Last edited by eMole; 05-16-2016 at 06:19 AM.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #93
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Great! Thank you meskio
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #94
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
Hi! Do you know how'to fix it
The scroll bar is half not on the screen
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Also i would like to know on the onyx device how to be in full screen mode, meaning to say without the top bar

Thankssss

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-15-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #95
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There was a Viewport implemented to fix where the bezel covers part of the screen. For the Android version you could try opening the .apk in 7-zip to: "assets\module\koreader\frontend\device\generic\de vice.lua" and setting the viewport on and setting the x & y to match your screen dimensions. (I haven't done it, so you might have to work out the exact change, for your device.) I suggest you use Notepad++ to do the edits. Save after your tries and back out so that 7-zip recompresses the files. You can then sign the package using "EasyApkDisassembler", so that it will install.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #96
Icey
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
There was a Viewport implemented to fix where the bezel covers part of the screen. For the Android version you could try opening the .apk in 7-zip to: "assets\module\koreader\frontend\device\generic\de vice.lua" and setting the viewport on and setting the x & y to match your screen dimensions. (I haven't done it, so you might have to work out the exact change, for your device.) I suggest you use Notepad++ to do the edits. Save after your tries and back out so that 7-zip recompresses the files. You can then sign the package using "EasyApkDisassembler", so that it will install.

Luck;
Ken
What do i have to put instead of :

{x = 0 - self.viewport.x, y = 0 - self.viewport.y})

the resolution of the screen ?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #97
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
What do i have to put instead of :

{x = 0 - self.viewport.x, y = 0 - self.viewport.y})

the resolution of the screen ?

Thanks
That is where I would start. Then with the "y" 40 pixels more and see if that moves things in the right direction. What did you replace the "nil" with?

Keep in mind that I am just guessing here, I haven't my Android tablet anymore.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-14-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #98
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:58 AM   #99
Icey
Connoisseur

Quote:
That is where I would start. Then with the "y" 40 pixels more and see if that moves things in the right direction. What did you replace the "nil" with?

Keep in mind that I am just guessing here, I haven't my Android tablet anymore.

Luck;
Ken
edit : TY I FINALLY SUCCEED

Hello
i have an Onyx Boox (max) and i wanted to use Koreader in order to have 2 pages un landscape mode for pdf

Can you explain me how to do it ?

i saw on a post that i have to change DCREREADER_TWO_PAGE_THRESHOLD and it seems that its only for epub
but i don"t know where is it and how to do it
ty

Last edited by Icey; 08-22-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #100
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
newbe koreader

newbe questions:
hi everyone
I am understanding well that koreader for android is built in lua and not Java? I cannot find any java source but only lua files in the source code I have downloaded

thanks
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:22 PM   #101
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Right, no Java. The Lua scripting provides the user interface and the support for the reader engines used. It also provides the framework for the "plug-ins" that add additional related functions. The Github project Wiki, is a good place to start.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-24-2016, 04:54 AM   #102
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Right, no Java. The Lua scripting provides the user interface and the support for the reader engines used. It also provides the framework for the "plug-ins" that add additional related functions. The Github project Wiki, is a good place to start.

Luck;
Ken
Is amazing what this "scripting" language can do, this app looks gorgeous to me.
And now I understand why does not have a dropbox, google drive sync feature, it is probably because have to be written from scratch without using the easy Java API.
Thank you to comes back to me, but Android cannot allow me to lose one second to keep going with all the new stuff that come every week, especially since it is not my official job to be dev, so studying lua is not an option, altough I am really curious over, why is not so used in the Android world. People are speaking a lot about Kotlin, but never heard over LUA for android, also on Stackoverflow there is not too much going on.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #103
Ken Maltby
Wizard

This might interest you. Much of the good stuff works with the Just In Time (JIT) compiler.
This might help as well. With KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #104
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
This might interest you. Much of the good stuff works with the Just In Time (JIT) compiler.
This might help as well. With KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken thank you is a fascinating language, and sometimes I love the duck engine as well
my priority now is to become a full android dev, so have to go mainstream, in the future is not excluded nothing, even because LUA is quite C friendly, and I like the so called low level coding, although I guess is not the case of lua, anyway the inventor have to be really good, it has also some functional paradigms as the lambda expressions, I am really impressed.
Anyway strange the community did not embrace too much. I stop here to not go
Korereader has a lot of nice features, really would be a dream the community will pull requests as a hell.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #105
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
I have a koreader instaled on Android
but I can not open DJVU file, because it not contains a DJVU engine
what i should do?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote