Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
mario40
Enthusiast
mario40 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no e-reader
Firmware Updates for PB e-readers

I have a general question about firmware updates: How can I make an update, if I have a PocketBook e-reader (e.g. a 603 or 903 in the near future) with Wi-Fi and 3G ? Is there a need to use a PC to make an update or can I carry out directly to the e-reader the update ? If a PC is needed, is a Mac with OS X like Windows compatible ?

Reading a lot about updates in the forum I want to be sure that updates are easy with the standard e-readers and there is no need to load further programs or to do other insider steps.
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I'm not a very technical person, but from what I know the firmware update has to be done from the memory card, or, in some cases from the file within the internal memory of the device.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
1- The updates are distributed via the internet in Zip-archive form.
2- The updates are, as stated, installed at from either external or onboard storage.
On WiFi-enabled readers the browser should *theoretically* suffice to get the file onto the reader but I'm not aware of a zip-extractor for the Pocketbook platform. So I *think* you'll still need computer access to get the update file onto a flash card.
(Best answer I can give.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
mario40
Enthusiast
mario40 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no e-reader
Firmware Updates

Thank you to Yar-PocketBooker and fjtorres for your answers.
Now I ca understand the process to update.
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, pocketbook, update