Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #1666
johhnydarko
johhnydarko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Overall, I am very happy with the Kobo software, and prefer it -- and the customizability -- far above the Kindle's. BUT I would love to see improvements to the annotations, primarily:

Highlight the punctuation at the end of sentences automatically, if the last word selected is at the end of a sentence. It seems that this could maybe be accomplished by programming the highlight to always include contiguous characters.

Thanks for making such a great device and for listening to the community's suggestions.

Peace.
johhnydarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #1667
wintrup
wintrup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PRS-350
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd like reference hyperlinks to pull up in a window that I can close. I'm fed up with accidentally hitting a hyperlink and then losing my page completely and having to the book back.
wintrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #1668
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintrup View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'd like reference hyperlinks to pull up in a window that I can close. I'm fed up with accidentally hitting a hyperlink and then losing my page completely and having to the book back.
Are you talking about using footnotes? If so, there should be a "Previous location" link in the bottom bar to take you back to where you were. Or, if you use kepubs instead of epubs, footnotes will be displayed as a popup.

If you are not talking about footnotes, then, I don't know what you mean. Can you explain it better?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #1669
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Don't think I received an update recently, but all of a sudden the Overdrive integration that lets you borrow books directly on the Kobo suddenly showed up. Maybe they finally opened it to non-english speaking countries. If so, Kobo
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #1670
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
Don't think I received an update recently, but all of a sudden the Overdrive integration that lets you borrow books directly on the Kobo suddenly showed up. Maybe they finally opened it to non-english speaking countries. If so, Kobo
The OD integration is at least partly controlled at the Kobo server end. That way they can add support for countries without updating the devices. I'm told OD integration has been extended to Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark. I assume there will be an announcement about it soon. Or, it could be an announcement about a deal with stores in those countries.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2019, 01:48 AM   #1671
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The OD integration is at least partly controlled at the Kobo server end. That way they can add support for countries without updating the devices. I'm told OD integration has been extended to Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark. I assume there will be an announcement about it soon. Or, it could be an announcement about a deal with stores in those countries.
That really is fantastic news! I can now easily recommend Kobo to all my friends

One of the major chains in Norway started stocking Kobos in all their stores in the summer. Maybe that has something to do with it.
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #1672
Maoo
Maoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
I don't know if is a bug in actual firmware version or is intended as a feature, but since last update (4.15.12920) when I turn ON my Kobo Aura HD, it starts with the illumination ON. I do not feel the need for it. If is a bug, should be corrected. If is a feature, I would like to have an option to choose if I want to start with the illumination ON or OFF.

Maoo
Maoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:24 AM   #1673
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
My Kobo Aura One starts with lighting the same as it was before turning it off or putting it on standby. In my opinion this behavior is correct but You can also think of it differently.

But the option to choose if to start with the illumination ON or OFF (or the same before...) would all agree.

Last edited by ps67; 08-21-2019 at 03:31 AM. Reason: But the option to choose if to start with the illumination ON or OFF...
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:30 AM   #1674
mimbel
mimbel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
pray to solve the problem of battery drain on the Clara devices in the next version
mimbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:57 PM   #1675
rockisdead
rockisdead began at the beginning.

Device: none
An English to Chinese dictionary and simplified Chinese support.
rockisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:54 AM   #1676
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockisdead View Post
An English to Chinese dictionary and simplified Chinese support.
1. You can load customized third-party dictionaries. Check this thread, https://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2531405
2. There is already built-in traditional Chinese support, don't wait for the simplified Chinese support, you won't get it, at least in the next few years. Just use English or traditional Chinese.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #1677
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
the options for ”Automatically power off after” are ”5, 10,15,30, 45m 60 minutes, never”.

I request longer periods like 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3weeks, 1 month
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #1678
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Yes! The current choices are just silly. For this purpose there is no real difference between 5 or 10 or 15 minutes.

Give us one choice in minutes, another in hours, and the rest in days.
Phil_C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:57 PM   #1679
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
A proper italic font of Kobo Tsukushi Mincho.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #1680
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
the options for ”Automatically power off after” are ”5, 10,15,30, 45m 60 minutes, never”.

I request longer periods like 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3weeks, 1 month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Yes! The current choices are just silly. For this purpose there is no real difference between 5 or 10 or 15 minutes.

Give us one choice in minutes, another in hours, and the rest in days.
Me three.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo