Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #46
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Calibre opf files and Managing Metadata

Sorry to keep bothering you.

I created the "calibre:user_metadata:#genre" field. I have entered some values for this field on some ebooks, burt I don't find the #genre entry in each ebook metadata.opf files.

Am I missing something here?

[EDITED]: Never mind: I've just found this local reference in Calibre's Forum.

I'll try it and report back on how I fared with Librera.

Thank you all for your patience!

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 02-28-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Found possible solution in Calibre's Forum
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #47
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
DELETED

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 03-13-2019 at 09:03 AM. Reason: DELETED
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #48
gobrien
gobrien began at the beginning.

Device: Android
TTS

I have used Librera (not pro yet) for a bit, and I was wondering about 2 things:

When using TTS, it doesn't seem to show what it's reading. Other ereaders I've used highlight the sentence that it's on and scrolls with the speaking, but I don't see it in Librera. Is there an option for that/

Also, when in scroll mode, the scrolling is a bit choppy. I have a Galaxy S10, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

BTW, the reason I'm using Librera is specifically for scroll mode and TTS because I read so many ebooks with my old phone that I have lines across the phone where the text has burned into the screen. I also like being able to start a book in the car and continue reading directly when I'm waiting in line or eating.

If I could request a feature... Because each line of text on other readers was in the exact same place, I got the burn-in, is it possible to have a page view mode that every page it goes down a pixel (at some point, it would be down far enough so the last line couldn't fit, but an extra line could fit on top)? It could also maybe just go down 1 pixel per page for 1/2 line, then up, then down, etc. Possibly even have the extras around the pages moving for each page, or every once in a while. Moving a little left and right would also help as well.

Thanks,

Garrett
gobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #49
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Garrett
>When using TTS, it doesn't seem to show what it's reading.
Yes, Librera is more for listening to books in the background, so it's not important to show what is reading. But the truth is this feature require more my time I don't have it for this.

>Also, when in scroll mode, the scrolling is a bit choppy.
This is also a well-known problem, I can't fix it

>I also like being able to start a book in the car and continue reading directly when I'm waiting in line or eating.
Please try new BETA.librera.mobi, I am working on sync, you can enable it on both devices and sync everything.

> It could also maybe just go down 1 pixel per page for 1/2 line
I can't clearly understand your idea, please send some screenshots.

You can write to me directly by email.
Thank you,
Ivan

Last edited by foobnix; 04-10-2019 at 11:08 AM.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #50
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Please try new update with synchronization, better E-INK optimization, fixes

Syncing across Android devices via Google Drive (reading progress, bookmarks, etc.)
Multiple profiles
TTS: character replacements, manual stress marks, RegEx rules
Additional settings and navigation in Musician’s mode
Additional functions reachable through UI
Miscellaneous improvements to UI and functionality

https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraReader/releases
Old 07-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #51
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
Is there a way to have an integrated dictionary in Librera?
I've installed an Italian dictionary app and each time the dictionary app opens and I have to relaunch Librera.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #52
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrod View Post
Is there a way to have an integrated dictionary in Librera?
I've installed an Italian dictionary app and each time the dictionary app opens and I have to relaunch Librera.
Please add dictionary app link I will fix.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #53
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Please add dictionary app link I will fix.
I use two apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ack.lang.it_IT
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.alldict.frit

Thanks
Old 07-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #54
wonderose
Enthusiast
wonderose began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablets
Multipage Tiff files

Hi Ivan,

I have been using your app for some weeks now and am very impressed. I suppose I am not using it as I should, since what I do with it is to read … multipage Tiff files. I've got quite a lot of them. Having tested, during the last few years, a bunch of Android software especially designed for this particular use, I can say with some assurance that yours is the best. Not only that, with Librera, the pictures are depicted with superior quality, everything seems to flow quickly and easily.

Still, I do have two issues I wanted to raise.

(1) As easily as I can open any multipage Tiff files with “Total Commander” or “ES File Explorer”, as assuredly I get an error message when I do this with another app, the MiXplorer. It always complains that the files were not there. Yet they are there, on the external SD. Mostly, however, I start with your in-built browser anyway, which is excellent.

(2) There is, for Windows, a Multi-page Tiff editor (ADEO). As far as the visualization of the files is concerned, it is not as good as your piece of software. Still, it offers something on top: the possibility of annotation, that is writing remarks in text boxes directly onto the document or, to be more precise, directly on one of the pages of these multi-page documents. In comparison, your bookmark feature is fine, but it is not quite adapted to the particular task with these somewhat long-winded documents. Still, I know, I do not use “Librera” as I should.
wonderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #55
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrod View Post
I use two apps:
I have checked, it works fine for me. Just try the final beta.librera.mobi or bt.librera.mobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderose View Post
Still, I do have two issues I wanted to raise.
I do not clearly understand issues, could you please add screenshots and files.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #56
wonderose
Enthusiast

(1) Well, I just registered for your beta version at google play. However, I have not yet had a beta update.

The error is with MiXplorer Pro and Librera Pro (both are the newest version). It is consistent with all types of Tiff files, be they on the internal or the external SD. The error message reads: “can’t find the file”. Yet, all these various tiff files can be opened by the other Tiff readers I use. The problem only occurs with Librera and MiXplorer.

(2) That’s very easy to explain, even without any screenshots.

(a) If you have a Tiff file with 22 pages and you add a bookmark to it, where should it go? To page 2 or page 18? The bookmarks “Librera” adds to this file, go to the whole Tiff document, to all 22 pages at once so to speak, from the first one to the last one and, thus, are of no great use.

(b) Then, there’s the most important item on my wish list. I’d like to add comments (in some sort of text box) to the Tiff files or, to be more precise, to one or another page of this 22 page long Tiff file. And I would like them to be accessible via the app itself or perhaps even via other Tiff readers on Windows.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #57
Hrod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
I have checked, it works fine for me. Just try the final beta.librera.mobi or bt.librera.mobi.
Thanks, it works.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:38 AM   #58
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderose View Post
wonderose
1) Please install the final beta, it's working fine with MiXplorer Pro and Librera Pro for me. If not please say Android version.
2) Bookmarks also work perfect in beta, you can go to the page you added in the bookmark.
2.b) Comments not supporting yet.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #59
wonderose
Enthusiast

I have updated to version 8.1.179.

1) As for MiXplorer Pro, it now does open Tiff files in Librera. However, the names of these files are not displayed on top of the document. Instead of, for instance, a name like "Computer - Librera - Tiff", it would say: "-1386452203.tif". Opening the same Tiff files with ES File Explorer or Total Commander, the names are correctly displayed.

2) With the new Version of Librera, there seems to be an option to place a bookmark directly on one particular page of a multipage Tiff document. This is great. Yet, I can’t say I really tested this, as, unfortunately, Librera 8.1.179 does display only the very first page of a multipage Tiff document. Whereas the first page is visible, scrolling down (this is my setting) nothing follows suit, just some empty space, like a number of empty placeholders and, I suppose, one placeholder for every indiscernible page.

3) I assume “comments” are planned for some day in the future, since you added in 2b) this tiny word: “not (…) yet”. This, too, is great news.

Last edited by wonderose; 07-31-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #60
hermitical
hermitical began at the beginning.

Device: Moto G (3rd Gen); Huawei MediaPad M5 lite 10
I've been using Librera on my Moto G3 and I've just installed it on my Huawei tablet.

I wanted to try having my ebooks stored in Dropbox but on both devices when I try to choose the Ebook folder I have created in Dropbox as a "Folder to Scan" I get an "Incorrect value" message?

I'm sure I am doing something wrong but any help would be appreciated.
hermitical is offline   Reply With Quote