Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Being Erica season 3 premiere & ebook devices

Anyone catch the season premiere of Being Erica the other night?
Did you get a kick out of the Kindle, Sony Reader and iPad getting a shout out?
Love being told it's the future!
Now all that is needed is to convince Erica Strange of all this...
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's just fascinating to see fictional book publishers discussing ebook devices, really.
Hope we see Erica with a liseuse in her hot little hands in future episodes
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
who

what

sorry ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard

Google, geoffc
Being Erica was broadcast on E4 in the United Kingdom.
http://www.cbc.ca/beingerica/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_Erica
http://www.e4.com/beingerica/
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/89...remade-for-uk/
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

Did I mention that time travel, book publishing and addressing life regrets are key themes in Being Erica?
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard

This should be MobileRead's favourite TV show if they push the ebook side of things
Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
yeiyei
yeiyei doesn't litteryeiyei doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Season 3 hasn't been shown here in Mexico, but it's one of my favorite shows, and now I want to watch the new season even more!
yeiyei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
yeiyei

Greetings from Mexico!
I've been checking the BBC's site (They're the ones who run this show over here), and sadly there's still no mention about when season 3 is gonna start. We usually get the US and Canadian shows about 3-4 weeks after they premiere over there, but Being Erica has been an exception the entire run.
I actually started watching it by mistake, since my on screen guide was wrong (I was looking for a Children of Earth rerun), but I've been hooked ever since. The show's premise is quite entertaining, the dialog is very funny, and I have to admit I find Erin Karpluk to be extremely attractive hahaha
It's cool to find a fellow Strange admirer hahaha.
Hope you have a great day!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Yes she's Strangely attractive however I'm fascinated with how deep the show goes, the places it goes are quite serious and insightful.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
yeiyei

I agree. The premise is very interesting, and the way Miss Karpluk develops Erika's growth throughout the series is really good.
I don't really have many regrets about the way my life has been going so far, but, watching the show, you can't help but wonder what would have happened if certain decisions were taken, certain paths walked.
All the actors on the show are very talented, and their interactions with Erika make for a great show. I particularly like the way Erika and her sister relate to each other.
The fact that Erika works on the publishing business helps too.
I hope the BBC airs season three soon!
Best wishes!