Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sleep Mode Question

This is probably a stupid question but does the Pocket Pro need to be in lock mode for it to enter sleep mode?

I always turn my reader off and the battery last about a month for me.
So I'm trying to see if leaving it on is better then all turning off and turning on.

Also does a book open or not make much difference in battery life?

I only use Cool Reader 3 to read my books. I remember something about battery drain issues.

I'm using Lbook 6/22 firmware.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A month is good battery life. The unit actually sleeps between keypresses. The lock mode just prevents key presses from causing pages to turn or other activity. It depends on how long you leave it off whether turning it off is better than sleep mode. It takes power to boot up and reload a book so if you power off for short periods you actually use more power than you save.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks Dale! I admit I'm guilty of turning the reader on and off alot... Old School thinking I guess.

I find html files seem to drain faster then epub.
I'm switching to FB2 now and yet to see if that changes the battery life.
All in all I'm happy with my reader and it's battery life.
I have learned the battery gauge really isn't a good way to tell if it needs a charge.
It can be on two bars and then it get cranky but it last about a month since I last charge it before it does.

When not in use it sits on it's own shelf in its case, up far away from my cats and any dangers. it also has it own shelf by my bed for when I do read at night with my Mighty Bright Travel flex light. (Cats are not allowed in there) so I see no reason to lock it if I don't have to.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks Dale! I admit I'm guilty of turning the reader on and off alot... Old School thinking I guess.

I find html files seem to drain faster then epub.
I'm switching to FB2 now and yet to see if that changes the battery life.
Probably because they are "harder" on the processor, therefore use more energy/page. When I read PDFs on my reader I can almost feel the battery draining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I see no reason to lock it if I don't have to.
Lucky you! I always manage to touch some button, even with the cover closed. Especially with the cover closed.

Last edited by LCF; 10-18-2010 at 05:42 PM.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Probably because they are "harder" on the processor, therefore use more energy/page. When I read PDFs on my reader I can almost feel the battery draining

Lucky you! I always manage to touch some button, even with the cover closed. Especially with the cover closed.
I always put my PP in lock mode when not using it. I get two weeks before one bar on the battery indicator goes down...from 4 to three.... Then I recharge it for a few hours....till it is fully charged and a wee bit more for no reason.....

Never turn it off unless I change the firmware.... or switch to my other reader for a while.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert